• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for Backyard Rib Enthusiast!

To benefit the Leech Lake Habitat Fund we will be holding our first ever and soon to be annual Amateur and Professional Rib Competition at Trappers Landing Lodge on Saturday June 16th. Hormel has blessed us with donating the ribs for each Amateur team (Pro's are on their own)

There is alot more to the weekend, but I wanted to share the opportunity for some of our own to sign up before it's put out there for the masses.

Complete rules and registration form can be found online at http://www.trapperslandinglodge.com/rackreel/

Spots are limited to 8 ams and 8 pros so don't hesitate!

my daughter is expecting a baby in mid June so the whole month of June i'm not making any permanent plans. this sounds like a great event and for a good cause. can i buy raffle tickets anyway or do you have to be there? i am planning to enter a rib contest this year here localy. have never been in one and i think it would not only be fun but a great learning experience. good luck.

Hope all goes well up there, Tom, and please post some pics and results as you get them! Have fun!

Also, reinhard, keep us informed with your comp. Did you have a timeframe in mind yet?

the rib competition is the same one they have every year up here at the legion. dont think they have set a date yet. i missed it last year and i vowed i would not miss it this year. it's similiar to the wing contest comming up at the end of April. very nice people, layed back, and lot's of people come there to join in on the fun. good luck.