• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Golf League?

picksbigwagon

Okay, I am getting geared up for my first golf league. We are going to be playing the thursday night men's league at Willingers, anyone here playing the same league? Also, any advice for a first time leaguer? I have subbed before at Creeks Bend, but this is my first actual league. any pitfalls I need to be aware of?

of the few years I played on our league through work, I had a great time and got a lot of information from the better golfers in the league that improved my game significantly. Now I'm bummed that I haven't had the chance to swing the clubs yet this year.

I played Willingers once last year and found that a few of the holes play longer than the yardage markers indicate. There's also a few holes that have trees in the middle of the fairway that can inhibit a long driver but they are manageable.

All in all a fun course.

One of the reasons we decided to play at Willingers is that all 4 of us (two twosomes) all like the course and if we get to play there once a week, it is well worth the drive. I am not sure if I need more help with my game right now. I have way too many thoughts in my head as it is. I played Saturday at Ridges and for 16 holes, never got to my left side on my swing. I par'd the last two holes almost birdied #8 (tee'd off on the back nine first) and was on the green in regulation on 9......This season looks like I might actually get things turned around finally. I am still on the hunt for the new driver, but I have connections that might get me one off the truck in New Orleans