• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas Grills

one of the best things I ever did when we built our house was to run a gas line to it. No more running out of gas half way through cooking with the spare tank also empty.

I think I remember this post when it first came out. I had an old Charbroil that I had replaced many burners and grates in and thought I would upgrade too. I bought a Weber Genesis 330 I think and HATE it. Huge gas hog, only wants to cook at 400 degrees and above(I am a low and slow guy). The battery powered lighter in it lasted about four uses and weber never responded to my service requests. I really wish I had spent the $40 for new parts on my old Charbroil.

I did inherit a small round Element grill last summer. At first I was going to gut it and use the burner for my smoker project. Now that I am starting to figure it out it is quite nice. It takes a lot of playing at first to not burn the snot out of everything but it has now become my go to grill for quick everyday cooking. If I want good flavor I get out the charcoal or the smokers when I have time. Not sure where you find these Element grills or how spendy they are but it is not too bad.

I just bought a new Genesis 330 for home and love it. Have a one touch weber and electric smoker there as well. At the cabin I have a one touch weber, a propane smoker and a wood smoker. I saw the Cabelas brand pellet grill and would like to try one at the lake. I was leaning toward the Louisiana pellet grill, but heard good things about the Cabelas model as well, and it is quiite a bit cheaper. Anyone have experience with the Cabelas pellet grill?

I just got the Weber Genesis 330 and absolutely love the thing!! I'm impressed every time I cook with it. I actually can't believe how little gas it has been using. I've grilled 3+ times per week since I got it over a month ago and my tank is still over 3/4 full. It was tough to stomach the price but I don't regret it one bit. That stinks that you aren't happy with yours, Indy. That's a lot of money to pay for something you are disappointed in.

After having just about every brand grill out there over 30 years, and I take exacting care of my stuff, I finally bought a Weber Spirit last year. Got tired of the rust outs/burn throughs, and lack of replacement parts. I love the Weber. Precise, even heat that stays exactly where you set it. Comes up to heat fast, and the indirect burner cooking is great, stuff really does come out juicier. The quality is top notch. Love their one touch electric ignition system.

As a single guy that grills almost every meal, it's just the right size for me. Sure they cost more, but you can't beat the customer support and this warranty....

WEBER® SUMMIT®, GENESIS® AND SPIRIT® SERIES WARRANTIES

Aluminum castings 25 years (2 years on paint excluding fading)

Stainless steel shroud 25 years

Porcelain-enameled shroud 25 years

Stainless steel burner tubes 10 years

Stainless steel cooking grates 5 years, no rust through or burn through

Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars 5 years, no rust through or burn through

Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates 5 years, no rust through or burn through

Porcelain-enameled, steel cooking grates 3 years, no rust through or burn through

Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars 2 years, no rust through or burn through

Infrared rotisserie burner 2 years

All remaining parts 2 years