• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bradley Smoke Generator

Looking for thoughts on this item, not sure if any of you have had experience with one of these units but I am looking to purchase one to add to my Pig Roaster.

Currently it is set up as a clean propane unit, but lacks the ability to get any smoke flavor set up in it. So I decided to order one and punch a hole for the mounting plate. My only concern is from what I have read is it's the best of it's kind, however it also is known to go berserk with its loading and smoking of the wood pucks.

full-3420-19523-bradley_smoker_generator

full-3420-19524-303932_228559133859227_2

full-3420-19525-310752_231448620236945_2

Anyone have any experience with any of these or similar units?

I have the bradley smoker with that unit in it and it smokes real well the bisquette will go for about 20 minutes per puck and give everything I smoke a real good flavor. No bad reviws from me.

i rented a propane pig roaster last fall that had a heavy pan insert that went over the gas burner that we put hickory chips in periodicly during half the pigs cooking time. i dont know how your's is set up but could this be a possibility for you or maby adding a "fire box" on one end to add wood or charcoal with a chip tray for adding smoke. good luck.

My buddy has a Bradley and as far as I know, likes it. It isn't the stand alone smoker unit like the one you show, but I believe it is the same or very similar in their smoker units.

Looks like you are using IR to roast the pig... is that correct? How would you capture the smoke in this unit? It looks to be wide open... wouldn't the smoke immediately disapate?

Good Luck!

Ken

Got it... even like it more now!!! How cool is that?

I like your idea there for the bradley smoke box... continually adding smoke without opening up smoker to add wood to an internal box.

Are those infra red units on the roof of the cooker?

Good Luck!

Ken

Yeah Labs, she is all infra red up top heating down so they don't gum up. Has 8 individual burners with each one having variable controls so you can adjust as the days goes on.

Then when she's done just drop the spit in the box and start carving! full-3420-19559-imag0013.jpg

Yeah Labs, she is all infra red up top heating down so they don't gum up. Has 8 individual burners with each one having variable controls so you can adjust as the days goes on.

Then when she's done just drop the spit in the box and start carving! full-3420-19559-imag0013.jpg

Sweet-I think that bradley unit would make that pig taste twice as good (if thats even possible) Great Pic!