• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance lms-320 gps/fishfinder help

Will

Anybody have any experience with doing a software upgrade? According to the HSOforum, it should be self-installing. Didn't work for me.

What I'm hoping for is that my 09 lakemaster chip will work in this unit so I can have 1ft contours instead of 5ft.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Will

It has been a few years since I did a upgrade but from what I remember you need to down load the file to your computer. I had to stop and see what they recommend. I always download it to my computer and then ran the installer and copied the files to my SD card. Here is what they say if you are having problems:

If your computer experiences problems with the web installer, try using a stand-alone installer. Note: Do not download this installer to your unit - save it to your computer and run the installer to load the necessary files to the unit.Simply choose the appropriate operating system below:

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify, I was able to download on to the SD card. When I insert the card into the unit, nothing happens. I downloaded onto 2 different SD cards and tried them both.

Do you think I should still try the stand alone that you mentioned

Will

Ok, tried that -no dice. I posted this in the open water section as well and someone suggested that I can't use an SD card more that 1gb. I used a 4 and 8gb. I'm gonna try to find a 1gb and try again (nothing to lose)

Will

Ok, tried that -no dice. I posted this in the open water section as well and someone suggested that I can't use an SD card more that 1gb. I used a 4 and 8gb. I'm gonna try to find a 1gb and try again (nothing to lose)

Will

Yes that would do it, but I believe 512mb is recommended, and also spend the extra $1 and get the Sandisk brand, for some reason or another I've heard other brands don't always play well with Lowrance.

Your manual will have the max size sd or mmc card listed for your unit. The last time I had an issue with updates, was due to multiple files on the card. When you download the files onto your card there are 2 files. One is the loader program and the other is the data. You have to arrange the files so that your lowrance "sees" the loader program first, or do a format of the card so that it clean except for the update. I had waypoint saves on my MMC card before i put on the update, and it wouldn't work.