• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Recoil Guides

Want to use them for my next upcoming builds but not sure what brand to use... Seems like a fair amount of people have problems with the REC recoil guides so I'll try to stay away from them. What else is out there?

Thanks,

Jon,

I think REC is the only company that makes these. I may be wrong thou. looking at my one components catalog there is a titanium guide made by American Tackle Company. they call it the Titan series. looks like Fuji makes a verison also. so there might be options out there.

In the last two years I have built over 120 ice rods with recoil guides. They are great guides and will work good if your looking for a lighter rod. I may be wrong but I believe the Recoils are the only ones that "flex" and snap back to the original shape.The Titans are also Nice I built a few rods with those for myself last winter to try them out.

Ive never used the fuji titanium guides but after reading the post above I looked them up and they looked like decent guides as well. I dont really think there is a bad option for titanium guides on the market. they all save weight and can stand up to abuse.