• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Bass Expo

Muskiebait

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ran out of shirts at the MPLS show, so sorry, no shirts.. just a good looking sales man.. 8-)

and yes, muskie dudes are a bit different.. heck a cheap muskie lure is $15.. and when throwing a lure that weighs near a pound, its had to be made to hold up.. does everybody need a $500 reel.. nope, but those that want it, can have it.. and yes... we sold out of the PG version at the Muskie show..

C'mon Cecil, to say the Tranx is only expensive because it's a Musky reel?

How about the Calais?, it's a bass reel and 200 dollars more than the Tranx. And to say Musky lures are expensive one has to look not to far at bass hardbaits that are well into the 20 dollar range. How about teaming that Calais with a G.Loomis NRX and you've got yourself easily $1200 worth of rod and reel. It's not just the Musky guys that are nuts, it's us as well. But Deitz is right, if you need something like that it's there for you.

Nope, never said that. I am saying that it is sold out largely due to the fact that Musky guys have NO problem spending $500 on a reel. Hence the reason it is sold out in a lot of places.

Well, now that I've received a personal invite...I guess I have to go...

I'll be out there sometime Saturday. Bass N Spear - I want a tour of a Z-7. Haven't crawled around in a Nitro since I was working shows for Tracker five or six years ago.

Oh - and for those who think only muskie fishermen spend exorbitant amounts of money on fishing gear, Google "MegaBass Paraizo" sometime smile

RK

Dang, wish I could have gotten there by noon today to see the Doctor Sonar presentation. Was pulling buckthorn all morning and now I'm going to miss it.

I really wish these groups would record the seminars as I would pay to see them.

might still head there in a bit to check out some new gear.

Sat in on the first sonar seminar and actually picked up some decent info. I really wanted to hear the second one that was more about side imaging but left before 3 should've went back. Doc mentioned he has DVDs that you can buy.

Didnt scrounge for deals too much but did get what I went looking for, picked up a few new curado G7s for $105 after rebate and a stradic for $115. I was plenty happy with that.

A big thank you to all who stopped by the St. Jude fundraiser and another thank you to all of the vendors that generously donated products! We raised a bunch of money and were able to sell almost all of our items at or close to the "Buy it now" prices.

I thought it was a good event! More traffic would of been nice, but tough to expect that in the 1st year. We sold some rods and reels and those of you that didnt buy Shimano baitcasters before yesterday...look in your toilet, because there is $30 in there smile

But no, I think it went well and looking forward to next year.

Maybe RK will ACTUALLY show up next year. We had the bull horn ready!!

nice job putting stuff together for this event Superdude.. and fantastic job raising money for such a great cause. Kudos to you!

was nice to put a few names with faces at the show. Thanks to all who stopped to chat and help the time go by.. it was a very fun show!

Maybe RK will ACTUALLY show up next year. We had the bull horn ready!!

Hah! Your RK Detection System FAILED! I was there for about an hour and a half on Saturday - ask Wayne or Deitz. Are you sure you were at the right show? Were there lots of horses and guys in cowboy hats? If so, you were at the horse show.

Not sure how I missed you, although I did spend most of my time there with my six year old at the casting range.

All in all a very promising show. First couple years of shows are always tough until word of mouth spreads and you start getting some traffic. I went to some muskie shows out east that were brutal their first two or three years, and they're thriving now. Have to say though, it'd be better if it happened earlier, like before the NW Show.

Cheers,

RK