• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

thanks, a big accomplishment for me. had some help from some of the great guys on here. now i got to work on shrinking some of my other pics down so i can post them. pictures are very important at times, especialy on here in the cooking forum. Third Eye is not only a great pitmaster, he is also a accomplished photographer. good luck.

Thanks for the kind words.... and you are so right about pictures (or videos) being important. They show details that sometimes we forget to mention, or just put things into perspective. Speaking for myself, I get more inspiration to try something when I see a photo than when just reading a recipe.... so I like photo's. Besides, my sketches don't quite put things together as well as they could. Heheheee.

maddenonbrisket.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thirdeye, you're too hard on yourself. I can clearly see that's an ant falling into a stinky toilet at a baseball game. Not sure what that has to do with cooking though? crazy

I did the 3-2-1 last batch and tried to stay around 215. Mrs said they were the best I've done. Very tender and tastey, I like em not quite that tender so 3-1-1 on the batch Friday. :>) Did 4 pounds of venny summer sausage today and put a can of Bud in the water tray. mmmmmmmmmmmm!

thanks, a big accomplishment for me. had some help from some of the great guys on here. now i got to work on shrinking some of my other pics down so i can post them. pictures are very important at times, especialy on here in the cooking forum. Third Eye is not only a great pitmaster, he is also a accomplished photographer. good luck.

You can go into the menue on your camera and select a smaller pic size then you dont have to shrink them all the time.

Thawing out the last of the Hormel's from last season... Bring on the new season of cheap ribs!!! Can't wait for the Target ad before Memorial Day! I am also NOT buying as much Kingsford this year and plan on using more lump for grilling and smoking.

got a stash put away for the upcomming ribs. are you talking natural hardwood lump or mesquite type? i still have a good amount of mesquite lump left over from the big bag i got from Sam's last year. i use it with reg charcoal at times. using it by itself i found that it gives too strong of a mesquite smoke flavor in my opinion. but mixiing it with reg hardwood lump would be good. good luck.

I'm thinking just a plain ol' hardwood lump, mesquite has a great flavor but I don't want to overpower the meat. Most of the negative's I've had from my smoking have been from too much smoke flavor, and the kingsford also lets off an additional chemical taste, from what I have found. Not too noticeable until you have some food smoked with lump to compare it too. I'll still have it around for grilling and such.

Thawing out the last of the Hormel's from last season... Bring on the new season of cheap ribs!!! Can't wait for the Target ad before Memorial Day! I am also NOT buying as much Kingsford this year and plan on using more lump for grilling and smoking.

Yup.....I'm down to my last rack. Bring on the $2.99 Baby Backs or $2.49 St. Louis.

Weber has a good video on cooking babyback ribs in foil and getting them done in 1 1/2 hours. Talk about removing the membrane there also. I was skeptical but they turned out great! Go to Weber.com and look under the recipes for Foil Wrapped Baby Back Ribs. Pretty amazing.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? grin

I work at Hornbachers Grocery store here in Fargo.They are owned by super Valu.We have spare ribs with the lip on for $2.18 this week.Lip off or St. Louis style for $2.58.Don't know if the other Super Valu stores have the same.I bought a bunch.

I made a rack yesterday.Put it in the smoker at 225 deg. with 3-4 ounces of cherry wood for 3 hours.I just put the rack they were on on a cookie sheet.Then wraped in tin foil in the oven at 275 for 2 hours.Then uncovered and basted with BBQ sauce for 1 more hour.Best ribs I have ever made.

well i made a lucky stop at the local cub here in Andover. had no intention of buying ribs [most of the time higher priced] but they had baby backs as a "shocker" item at $1.99 per pound. close dated at 5/18 which aint bad at all but what a steal. bought 14 slabs. this is the only cub that has these. probably too many on hand to sell at normal price by the code date. good luck.

I was at the blaine cub today. I was looking for st.louis ribs, but all they had were baby back ribs. I didn't pay too much attention to the price per pound because that wasn't what I was looking for. I did noticed they were fairly cheap per slab....(approx. $9 per slab). It looked like a smoking deal, but I wanted st.louis style ribs so I went to super target instead.

Now that I think about it, I may have to run back and grab a few from cub.