• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spinnerbaits for Slow rollin

RuddyDuck

What spinnerbaits and blade combos work for you when you want to use them in water 8ft and deeper?

I want to try this more this year and when I have tried it in the past most of my 3/8oz baits just don't seem to stay down deep enough. I assume I need to get in the 1/2oz or heavier sizes for slow rolling them.

Thanks.

You can use your same 1/2 oz and just add a rubber core sinker below the hook (take out the rubber and crimp on the weight). And use willow leaf blades, the wider the blade the more "lift" it will have on the bait.

Another tip, use painted blades for deeper water, you dont get a lot of flash that deep

When I slow roll a spinnerbait, which is just letting the spinnerbait sink and start your retrieve as it ticks the top of the summered weeds I toss a spinner with a big willow blade and I don't use a high speed reel. To easy to go to fast with the high speed reel that I would normally toss a spinnerbait with. I also like to double up on my skirt and add a bigger trailer. This lets me get down deep and maintain the same depth for a longer time. The biggest thing I think is your retrieval speed, you need to slow down to stay deep with the smaller spinnerbaits. I also keep my rod tip closer to the surface on the retrieve.