• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sqeaky atv disc brakes

luckycrank

My 650 V twin is pretty squeaky too. You should take off the wheels though and inspect them just to make sure there isn't something in there. Mine don't squeak all the time or when I am cruising. But sometimes at slow speeds, turning corners and braking, or when I first start out after it sat a week or so, it will squeak. It is very noticeable when they are squeaking.

The worst machine for squeaky brakes is the 400 Outlander. Rode a brand new one (low miles) at a training course one year. Surprised every hawk in the state wasn't there attacking the big yellow mouse. grin

Considering the terrain an ATV is used, brakes are guaranteed to squeak. Whether it's dirt/sand or rust.

Some brake noise is going to be normal on any machine.

Lucky I bought a brand new 700 mudpro that did exactly that. I brought it back while it was under warranty, and 4 new break pads were put in. I'm not sure if I burnt the pads while breaking them in but none the less it got fixed. Cat didn't want to cover it because pads are not considered a manufacturer defect. My service mechanic convinced them to cover it by telling cat it did it from day one. Cat eventually agreed to replace as long as the mechanic broke in the new pads.

Still today I have very minor squeaks but not any where it used to be and too the point that it bothers me.