• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where does the invasive sticker go?

mrpike1973

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the lower part on the mast for the winch on the trailer and the top part on the right side of the boat in the transom well so when you are standing next to the motor putting the drain plug in it or taking it out, you can see it.

Did anyone notice the stickers are dated 2012.Will we need to get one every year now?

I asked if they are needed for a kayak and Canoe,they said yes,I mentioned these dont have trailors and was told throw the trailor sticker away but put the top part in the kayak and canoe.

If we need them every year,where do you suppose the money comes from to print them.That material aint cheap even when printing millions.

Another money hole that we will have to support?

If I read it correctly, it does have to be on your boat. The actual law goes into effect August(?) of 2014. After that, you get a ticket if you don't have it. They will be handing them out at the launches and other places until then. CO's have them too and any License Bureau.

I don't think it's an every year deal, with a new year date, so once you get it, you're good but I'm not sure on that.

Mine will go on the transom, under the water line. I don't personally believe that having a sticker will do anything.

you can get the sticker at the same place as your fishing license.

The DNR HSOforum says they must be put on the outside of boat and suggested not by the reg number for some reason.

You'll need one for every canoe, duck boat, kayak every watercraft even if you don't plan to trailer it ever.

NO, they do not have to be on the boat until August 1, of 2014.

The non winch sticker can be on the inside or outside of the boat. If you want, you can also put it under a storage locker lid or laminate it and put it in a glove box or storage bin.

I recieved all of my info from a rep at the AIS office in St Paul at The DNR office.

If I read it correctly, it does have to be on your boat. The actual law goes into effect August(?) of 2014. After that, you get a ticket if you don't have it. They will be handing them out at the launches and other places until then. CO's have them too and any License Bureau.

I don't think it's an every year deal, with a new year date, so once you get it, you're good but I'm not sure on that.

Mine will go on the transom, under the water line. I don't personally believe that having a sticker will do anything.

Yes, it will do one thing by having it on your boat, the CO will write a ticket for not complying as since you have the decals, you have no excuse to say you did not know the rules or law.

Do they have to be on your boat? I thought I read somewere that they werent enforcing that until 2013 or 14...Am I misinformed?

You are CORRECT! August 1st, 2014.

I believe this date is for the AIS. You still have to pull your plug and dump all water in the boat and get the live bait out of the water and in new water that you brought along or dump the minnows.

"You'll need one for every canoe, duck boat, kayak every watercraft even if you don't plan to trailer it ever."

"The non winch sticker can be on the inside or outside of the boat. If you want, you can also put it under a storage locker lid or laminate it and put it in a glove box or storage bin. I recieved all of my info from a rep at the AIS office in St Paul at The DNR office"

Do you know if this applies to commercial boats as well, I was told it did, even though the boats have no MN numbers but are Federally Documented, but are in MN waters. These boats can't be trailered and are in the water 9 months a year, I can't believe this reg would apply to all boats. But if it does I think I will laminate the sticker attach a piece of line to it and store it in one of the holding tanks for the heads.

As I have read these threads on this new sticker I have wondered what the discussion would have been if the internet existed when MN first required boat numbers and license stickers. I put mine on the interior side of my WaveWackers next to my Boat US sticker, NRA membership sticker and a Lund sticker.

The sticker DOES NOT have to be on the outside of the boat, just "attached" to it somewhere. When I picked up my sticker, the DNR guy told me that one thing people are doing is laminating the sticker and zip tying it onto a handle or spot on your boat. That is exactly what I did. If I take out my duck boat or canoe, I can just grab it and take it with, and it doesn't stick to anything I don't want it to stick to!

Man, the DNR has this on their FRONT page:

Quote:
Q. Where does the decal need to be attached on the watercraft?

A. The decal must be attached to the watercraft, but state law does not specify where it needs to be attached. It does not need to be in view of the operator as with the personal watercraft decal. It does not need to be placed near the watercraft registration decals and is not recommended to be in that area of the boat. It is recommended to display it where it can be read and can be shown to an officer upon request.

If the owner does not want to stick the decal on the boat because it is an antique wooden boat or other unique boat, they may attach the decal to an object or laminate it and attach it like a luggage tag.

Q. Do they need to be on watercraft, even if the watercraft does not need a license?

A. Yes, all watercraft including seaplanes and duck boats are included under the law.

Q. Is there a penalty if I launch a boat without one?

A. Currently, there is no penalty in effect, but a warning can be issued. Now that the decals are available, it is expected that boaters will be obtaining the new decals and conservation officers will be providing the decals to boaters who have not obtained one. After August 1, 2014, it will be a petty misdemeanor for boaters who don't display the decal on their watercraft.

Most of you are wrong. This law DOES require you to have the stickers this year and next. It's the PENALTY that is not in effect until August 2014.

So the DNR has to raise license fees because they are short on funds but come out with this plan that is doing nothing more than wasting money? This is Liberalism at its finest so what is next the MN highway rules will need to be posted on your vehicles? I won’t be getting a sticker and I won’t be paying any fine I will not support this. If they want us to have it so badly print it on the back of the fishing license. I follow the laws but not this one this is a joke and more people need to start taking a stand.

Skunked, you may be required to have the decal now but wirth no penality until August 1st of 2014, I see no hurry to get it on the boat.

I have mine all done and in the boat but there really is no hurry with no penality until the 2014 date.

Good luck on not paying the fine if you get stopped and checked after Aug 1st of 2014 dakor. I highly doubt you will pay no fine simply because you do not want to comply. Good luck with that.

My boat will be proudly displaying no stickers until Aug. 1 2014

And if someone wants to tell me to put one on my boat before then, I will issue a warning that they will get an earful from me about it, then I will continue to display no stickers on my boat until Aug 1 2014!

I am lost why people refuse to put a simple sticker on thier boat.

All the DNR is trying to do is slow the AIS until they can I am sure find a way to eradicate it all. I would think it would be in our best interest as fisherman and others using our lakes and rivers to keep them as clean as possible for ourselves and our future generations.

So simple, put 1 dumb decal on or in the boat. I realize that the decal will not stop the spread but it will make all aware of what needs to be done to try and slow this down.

I guess we could do nothing and let it ruin all the lakes and rivers but I do not believe any of us want to go that direction.

I agree that this will not totally stop the spread of anything totally but as I statted, it surely will slow things down.

I have seen noone post a better way to try and stop the spread of this dump.

No doubt, only a few months after the Aug 1st 2014 date, some will be on here saying how they recieve a spendy ticket as they forgot or refused to put the decal on. Sure it will not be a cheap ticket espicially when they gave everyone a huge time warning to be ready.

So the DNR has to raise license fees because they are short on funds but come out with this plan that is doing nothing more than wasting money? This is Liberalism at its finest so what is next the MN highway rules will need to be posted on your vehicles? I won’t be getting a sticker and I won’t be paying any fine I will not support this. If they want us to have it so badly print it on the back of the fishing license. I follow the laws but not this one this is a joke and more people need to start taking a stand.

LOL. Yup, it's all the fault of all those liberals in the DNR. That must be it. And civil disobedience is fine and dandy, but I'll take a stand on something worth, well, taking a stand on. This is not a battle worth fighting...even if you try to make it one.