• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Detailed SE Minnesota Fishing Easement Maps

JIvers

The DNR has a new list of maps showing in great detail where fishing easements begin and end on some trout streams in southeast Minnesota: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/trout_streams/south_mn_maps.html

The streams in question saw some angler-landowner confrontations in the past because the easement boundaries apparently weren't clear. The streams or portions of streams listed with detailed maps are:

Big Springs [three maps]

Crooked Creek

Kedron Creek

Little Jordan Creek

Lynch Creek

Rush Creek

South Branch of the Root River [upstream from Forestville State Park]

Schueler Creek

Trout Run Creek

Wisel Creek

Boy, the MN DNR uses mapping technology and their HSOforum extremely well. Lake finder, trout maps, water trail maps, etc... all superb. Wish all states had such a good HSOforum and easy-to-find downloadable resources

I think the reason they don't is because it would be much harder to acquire easements and accesses. These new maps are just a result of landowner confrontations. At least they took the time to post these up though.

Unless you wanna dish out the $30+ for a book that'll give you that info... I saw that "Improved Streams of Minnesota and Iowa" book.. will show you where easements are on sections of stream the DNR has done HI on... $30!!! ridiculous.. don't get me wrong.. i have plenty of these books and have used them to my advantage.. but i never had to pay anywhere near $30 for one of them

I always thought you COULD wade (or walk) below the high water mark on any body of water, navigable or not, in Minnesota.

I agree that MN has a great DNR HSOforum. If I could change one thing I would make a "search by fish species" feature in the lake finder. I'm trying to find which lakes holding Gar are the closest to me and it's a real hassle to go one by one, but at least the info is THERE, as opposed to some other state's websites.