• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Tundra engine removal

My 2010 Tundra had the ck engine light flashing along with low4 light 2 weeks ago. I took it in to dealer and a coil went bad on 1st cylinder. Ordered part from Chicago and fixed it. A week later engine lights come on again. It is related to first issue and they said something about coolant. Anyhow they need their top mechanic to work on it as they have to take the engine out of the truck. I am sure they will get it all back right but what I am wondering is should I be worried about any issues down the road because they pulled the engine or is that a common enough thing. Toyota is picking up the tab on these repairs so that's not an issue but I don't want issues 25,000 or 75,000 miles from now that could be related to pulling an engine out. Any feedback from people in the know?

I wouldnt be to concerned about it. If the mechanic knows what he is doing, there shouldnt be any issues. Vehicles break down, and get repaired all the time, and as long as you have a good mechanic working on it, it should be as good, or better then new.

From a buyer's perspective, just keep good records of the repair work. If it's consistent problem you'll want to document that for any future discussions with Toyota. If you end up selling it, the buyer will want to know that a problem was found, corrected, and has not returned.

The engine is the 5.7 with 46,000 miles. I was bad at asking just what they were doing. They just said something about pulling the engine and coolant. I'm kinda embarassed that I didn't ask more questions but I should get it back on Thursday and will know more then.

You'd be surprised what service managers at dealerships will do to "hide" the work performed, so that it can't come back to haunt them in the future!

Not only is this statement absurd, but it also ridiculously stereotypical. I can certainly understand that people can have less than favorable experiences when having vehicles repaired, but come on, you yourself and everyone you know couldn't have had enough bad experiences to justify a staement like that.

The mechanics will write down everything they do on the vehicle, since most get paid by what they do. Just ask for a copy of the mechanics notes from the job, they should give it to you.