• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

push pole

smalliehunter

Use a stairwell rod have on in the mallard masher and it works very well. The length of your boat is a plus. Use a duck bill end found in the waterfowl section of your local outdoor store. Should cost around $50 for the the deal pole/foot.

I used one for a few years until my buddy dropped it in the lake. It was made of aluminum and sank. It had the duck foot also. I really liked it for moving around in thick matted areas and pads. I havn't seemed to have needed it much lately though. The milfoil has really become less abundant the last few years.

oh, to answer the original question, i bought it. dont remember from where though.

I have carried one with me for years from mid June until fall. Gander Mountain has a duck bill attachment for about $15 which fits a (if I remember right) 1 1/4" pole. I think that is what closet rod is now and you can probably by it at Home Depot. Mine is about 10' long which stows pretty easy on a 16' boat. Also check garage sales and those duck bill attachments turn up with duck hunter equipment quite often.

true, i somehow landed a spro frog about ten feet up in a tree once and i used the pole to free it. good for pushing off boat launches in the fall after they pull out the docks, or launches that never have docks. i've needed it when fishing the windy side of a lake on really windy days and got too close to shore.

Remember that shovel on a really long pole to clean off roofs? I have part of the handle as my push pole. I know I'm cheap. It's not so great in muck, but does a fine job in a pinch.

Look into a Saltwater forums a true good push pole is very expensive, starting at $500 and up but the best route for us northern folks is a 14' duck push pole. I used to use one many years ago in the rice up on Leech but haven't felt I need it anymore since I have a more powerful trolling motor.

mr