• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what line for what method ???

jdog

i was kind of wondering what line do each of you use for which type of fishing i was ready to put new line on but was curious if im running the right kind of lines which line do you guys use jigging

casting

trolling cranks

slip bobbers

lindy rigging

Jigging, lindy, trolling - I use 10# fireline crystal, always use floro leader. Debating on trying Sufix 832 ghost/Nonophil/PowerPro Super 8 slick. Leaning towards Sufix. Note: I use Med Light rods mostly or Med with xfast tip. Use for troling because my dive chart trolling handbook is based on 10# fireline.

Casting - Sufix 832 for my baitcaster, love it, holds very little water, quiet through the guides. When my PowerPro on my spinning rod (for small light weight cranks) wears out I'll be putting Sufix on that too.

Slip bobber - 6-8# mono, gone to Sufix Elite/Trilen XL

I've been using mostly 10# power pro for my jigging. I have 832 on one rod and like that too. It's also very good for casting cranks or swim baits, but this year I'm going to try nanofil. I always use a 3 ft flouro leader.

I still like 6# mono for rigging. I have one rigging rod set up with power pro, but I think I still prefer mono. All rigging rods are 7' medium light.

10# mono on crawler harness and slow death with line counter reels.

6# Mono with slip bobers.

80-10# Tuff line on all muskie rods.