• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

He is Risen!!

goose89

Mary Magdalene visited the tomb with Mary of Cleophas, and Saint Joanna, among others, where they met two angels who say:

Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: "The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again." (Luke 24)

Happy Easter to you too!

borrowed from another forum...

Quote:
Happy Easter, Everyone!!!

May "Believers" today remember and celebrate their faith in it's true essence...an (approximately) 36 hour event that enabled people to know God through relationship rather than through religion...that the greatest and the least can approach God on equal standing.

Just a thought to put this in it's proper context...

We all seem to have this in common - that we LOVE the outdoors; hunting and fishing thrill us. What the nonbeliever needs to keep in mind is a respect for the believers point of view - which is this:

That anything that has every thrilled us - be it an encounter with a wild beast, harvesting a deer, or releasing a giant fish - all of this is made possible because of God. And when a "believing man" is truly grateful for such a thing, he cannot keep it in.

Hence such subjects will get spilled over into the "open water forum" on an Easter Sunday. Nobody is pushing anything on anybody else. Just sharing in the joy of life, and in the comradery and fellowship of the outdoors and what we hold dear - which is what this site is all about.

I don't care where it winds up, but if this site ever bans talking about God, I'm out! There's lots of touchy subjects posted on here. We can choose to "walk away" and be non reactive if we don't agree. We can be respectful of one another, whether we hold the same beliefs and values, or not.

I've often thought there should be a "page" on here for the Christian outdoorsman - a place for people of faith to share their perspectives. There is for everything else - so why not? Kudos to the people who had the idea and the courage to post this. Yeah, it's what Easter is all about!

I could never fault a man for wishing me a good day regardless of the occasion. I assume time on the lakes and in the woods give many a love of life it refreshes and renews a belief a rekindled memory or dream for the future. To me Easter symbolizes a second chance a new season and hope much like opener it is a chance to start fresh. Yes it is a Christian holiday but it is what it is. I think no harm was intended and you have a nice day to would be a perfect response.

We all seem to have this in common - that we LOVE the outdoors; hunting and fishing thrill us. What the nonbeliever needs to keep in mind is a respect for the believers point of view - which is this:

That anything that has every thrilled us - be it an encounter with a wild beast, harvesting a deer, or releasing a giant fish - all of this is made possible because of God. And when a "believing man" is truly grateful for such a thing, he cannot keep it in.

Hence such subjects will get spilled over into the "open water forum" on an Easter Sunday. Nobody is pushing anything on anybody else. Just sharing in the joy of life, and in the comradery and fellowship of the outdoors and what we hold dear - which is what this site is all about.

I don't care where it winds up, but if this site ever bans talking about God, I'm out! There's lots of touchy subjects posted on here. We can choose to "walk away" and be non reactive if we don't agree. We can be respectful of one another, whether we hold the same beliefs and values, or not.

I've often thought there should be a "page" on here for the Christian outdoorsman - a place for people of faith to share their perspectives. There is for everything else - so why not? Kudos to the people who had the idea and the courage to post this. Yeah, it's what Easter is all about!

+1

+1

-1...keep your religious beliefs to yourself....this just ain't the place to preach your religious beliefs whether you pray to god, buddah, allah, or don't pray at all. Maybe there should be a forum for religion whether christian, jewish, or any other religion.

Agreed!

I wouldn't consider this thread as "preaching" more like "identifying what you are thankful for and being appreciative for that."

Something to think about...Even the most unreligious person has probably coined the phrase "Thank God" over the years in an instance where a negative outcome could have ocurred. Anyone else see the irony in this?