• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Today's Hunt

Shu

I took advantage of my son's last youth hunt in WI to get him on some birds today after the rain stopped.

Location 1 - called in a nice mature tom to about 15 yards, only problem was the bird was behind our tree and when my son slowly looked around to see where he was...well, there he was and there he went. Funny to hear him tell the story since I didn't move to see it. That tom went out about 65 yards in the brush and would gobble for the next hour or so and had us believing we still had a chance..nope. Nothing we tried would get him any closer. Eventually he wandered away and we went to another spot.

Location 2 - was working a couple toms into a food plot when a hen wandered in, then a jake came in and saw the hen. The jake came running into the decoys looking to run off the jake decoy and was an easy shot for my son.

A great day, lots of birds heard, a close call with a longbeard, and a bird in the truck.

108.jpg

109.jpg

Seeing the kids with turkeys brings back great memories. My son and I started this when he was 11. Now he's 23, and one way or another, we still turkey hunt every year. Congrats on getting a great thing going! Judging by the smiles, I bet he's hooked...

was a beautiful morning,roosted 3 toms last night. Got out there early and got all set up started calling a got some booming gobbles right away. THey were on a far ridge and were coming closer and closer and the last time I heard them were within 75 an closing the distance. Just like that they stopped responding so i fugred they were coming in quiet.WRONG! within a few minutes while calling I see some movement and here right into the middle of my set-up comes a guy walking in full camo. Stops next to my decoy and asks if I saw anything. MAD and UPSET doesn't cover it he was out scouting at 7am in the morning knowing full well we were there. I guess thats the problem with hunting public land. But it seems common courtesy is getting worse by the day if it hasn't dissappeared all together. Sorry for venting.

Wow vman, THAT sux! Either the guy was a total fool, or he was out to ruin your hunt. Common courtesy is not all that common anymore, but this sounds like more than that.

Better luck tomorrow!