Jump to content

    If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rough Blank

Recommended Posts

Was wondering what the blank is called when it doesnt have epoxy on it? I'm looking to get a nice 7' walleye spinning rod for my next build and was going to buy from Batson but I'm not sure what the blanks are called with out epoxy on them.

Don't want the shiny finish this time...what does batson call these? or any other companies you would recommened buying from? Thanks,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The non-shiny finish is called matte - and matte is a finish over the graphite. Some manufacturers also sell un-finished blanks (polished graphite). North Fork Composites (Gary Loomis' new company), Mud Hole HM series, and Lamiglas XMG are the ones I can think of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now ↓↓↓ or ask your question and then register. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.