• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

300 win mag scope

Will be picking up a savage 300. Win mag for an elk trip this fall. Shooting up to 400 yards although Willing to spend up to 500 on the scope. Anyone have any sugestions on what to get?i doubt i will shoot further than 300.

I have an Alsakan Guide series 3x12x52 30mm mounted on my 300wm and my brothers 300 RUM, both have been flawless for the past 10-12 years.... Neither have needed adjusted since being first sighted in.... We got ours in the bargin cave for $119 and as good as any scoped we have costing 5X the price....

You can't go wrong with Leupold. I have a VX-III and love it. The scope is every bit as important as the rifle. Get a good scope and you can be confident in every single shot you take. I haven't needed to touch mine since the day I first sighted it in 7 years ago. The Nikon Monarchs are also very nice scopes. If I had to buy a new scope tomorrow, those are the first two I would look at.

I put the BDC 3x9x52mm Nikon prostaff on my .308 and I will be purchasing one for my 06 and a couple other rifles.

I'm convinced that this is one of the best scopes for your money.

I would not hessitate to putit on a 300 win mag

I have a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40 on my .300 WSM. I like it a lot, everything is very crisp.

I also have a Weaver V16 on my .223. Pretty decent scope for what I paid. I heard the Weaver Super Slams were pretty good scopes.

My dad has a Sightron SII and likes his scope a lot as well.

Good luck and have a good trip this fall.