• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Struts

I recently just put new stuts on my car. Everything went rather well and quick. Although now the toe and camber seem screwd up. I dont understand, I changed nothing but not it's not drivable. I thought it was pretty silly-me proof

would this be true on an 88 bronco 2? I have one we off road race and my wheels tip in a lot, but everything seams tight... I have changes the front shocks on it though... or would weak springs due this as well? Not intended to hijack the thread to re post elsewhere if needed.

Anytime camber changes toe will also change. I would assume that the new struts where slotted to allow for some adjustment? The natural tendency is for the strut/knuckle to push away from the car. This will leave you with positive camber and toe out. Driving to the local alignment shop will be fine. Driving it long term will scrub the tires. I have seen extreme out of toe alignments scrub a new tire in less than 2 weeks so you will deffinetly want to get it aligned ASAP.

I like to leave the strut/knuckles cambered positive when I change them out. Once on the alignment rack, and with a little luck, the weight of he vehicle will push the camber negative when the strut bolts are loosened. This is easier than trying to force the camber positive which involves a helper pulling on the top of the tire or the use of a tool called a camber bladder which is an airbag that is fitted in between the strut and tire and then inflated to push the tire out.

I learned something new today. Yes as you say they were slotted for adjustment. Loosend the bolts and adjusted acordingly. After some tweeking it made everything gome together. Got the camber close and wah-laa the toe was not pointing into the neibors yard anymore.