• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Home Opener, One Week Away!

DonBo

Who's gonna be there? This will be about 12 years now that I've put a group of 25 together for the home opener. Just family and friends, we have a blast. It's the best game of the year!

We try to make a day of it. We'll meet for lunch downtown and get to the park early to take in all there is to offer. There's tons of special things going on for this special day. Can not wait...

No 1 going or what ? Or like me we'll be there in spirit ? Should be an interesting year over-analyzing our new guys and young guys and trying to figure out if they have what it takes, the way I see it is we can't touch Detroit for 2-3 years anyway, so can we keep this group together long enough to get back on top of our division ? Our line-up is what it is and it's what we got and the boys should want to prove us wrong with last years efforts. Trying to figure out my optimism, is it just because the season is ready to go or am I truly optimistic about what I've seen the last few weeks of spring training, or a bit of both, have fun down there DonBo !

We're there. Attending my first home opener in all of my 52 seasons of cheering for the Twinks. My daughter and son-in-law are flying back from Baltimore to join us after attending Friday's season opener against the O's.

Baltimore? That's cool! We've been to Detroit and KC for opening days in years past, would love to do more of that.

Guess Camdon Yards is a beautiful place. They requested the opener there on that particular date because it is the 20th Anniversary of the first game played there.

This is my first home opener. I usually hit the second or third game.

Have the same plans as everyone else I suspect, head down early for lunch, then to the park early.

I'm not sure how we are getting there though. I've never driven to a weekday game so I'll probably take the trolly Monday.

How is parking parking weekday games?

Parking sucks unless you don't mind walking a ways. The only thing worse is waiting for the LR with the other 30,000 people at the game with the same idea, along with everyone getting off work at the same time.