• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Went out of McQuades again at sunrise. Went to the west in about 160-190 feet of water. Caught 2 nice lakers and we missed a few before the clouds moved and the sun came out and shut things down. We trolled around for a while before we went east and found a nice temp break. Caught a few more lakers and a nice king and missed a few more. Ended up going something like 8 for 12 or 13. The spoons that worked in the morning would not produce later in the day. Seemed like they liked the melon color while going through the temp break. Caught 3 within 10 minutes and had our first double.

Its been a very busy summer up here on this part of Lake Superior, very sorry for the lack of reports here.

But, overall, fishing has stayed good all summer and continues to be. Right now is one of the best times to come on up and fish. Salmon are starting to show back up and the Lake Trout fishing is still really good. Been picking up Salmon each time I have went out, mainly cohos. Around the river mouths and out over deeper water too.

Give a call if you want to come on up and explore the area for a day or two.

full-7426-24095-08_31_12web.jpg

full-7426-24096-09_01_12web.jpg

Went out of McQuades early this morning. We went 2 for 4 with 2 very nice Coho's. We lost another Salmon and a lake Trout right at the back of the boat. Watermelon was the color of choice. We caught all of the fish in the top half between 20 and 30 feet down early. We had a few wind switches and that seemed to turn them off because we could not buy a bite after that.We work depths from 70 to 130 with the 90 to 110 producing the fish.

Lake Michigan - Port Washington 5/23-5/26

We got in town Thursday afternoon at the tale of a big NE blow. 6' to 9' swells. The forecast was for 8-14 kt winds for the AM so we kept the boat on the trailer till the morning.

Friday morning we had 6' to 3' swells and headed out. dropped gear at 70' and worked out to 180' with the first coho coming at 170. we turned in and and worked to shallows for some relief from the swells with nothing to show for it.

Friday evening she started to lay down and the fishing picked up. 9 Cohos, one king and a laker. 60' to 80' FOW with the fish coming from the top 25'. Orange 6" dodgers and peanut flys were the ticket. The 100' copper board rod did a great job and the king liked the new 10' stainless wire spiral dipsy diver rod I made just for this trip.

Saturday morning was more of the same. Th fish came from 120' to 70' FOW and still in the top 25'. 2 more kings and 8 cohos.

Thing took a turn for the worst as the lake laid down. 1 Coho Saturday night and a blank Sunday morning.

All in all it was a great trip for me. My first time on the big water, and i'm sure it wont be the last.

A.W.Wolfram

full-24552-33529-img_1949.jpg

full-24552-33530-img_20130525_160035_346

I have heard of a few reports of OK action. I think the lake is starting to set up for a better near shore bite. Mostly guys are heading out deep and fishing up high for bows. A few kings are mixed in. I will be heading over for my first trip this year in July.

(Kew/Algoma Lake Michigan)

Just got a call from a friend over in Baileys harbor and he said that there was a 32 lb king brought in this past weekend and that they are picking up fish in the 20-25 lb range on Flashers and flies out over 150-190' fow running 50-90 down. Little boy blue, and green Howie flies run behind white or green spin doctors and flashers have put some fish in the boat for them. Spoons up high off boards on 3 color and 5 color have been getting them some bows as well. Maybe things are finally gonna get going here. Also heard that there was a 30# fish brought in in Algoma this past weekend. Been awhile since we saw fish of that size!

Tunrevir~

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Deitz and I went out fishing for King Salmon and Steelhead with Fishin Magician's Charters on Lake Michigan out of Algoma, Wisconsin.

You are going to enjoy this show....

Watch more videos here at HSOshow

Who wants to go salmon fishing? laugh

Click Here for HSOshow.com.

I have been hearing good reports from Lake Michigan recently. Lots of mixed bag catches including Kings, Coho, and Bows from the various ports. People tend to fish the lake primarily in the summer but a good fall bite can be had as well.

Just got a report from a buddy that limited on KIngs and caught 12 bonus eyes while fishing around Washington island the other day. I also had another report from Sheyboygen where the kings were running in the river and there were plenty of cohoes and browns to be caught as well.

Tunrevir~

We're back from Door county and the fishing was just starting to pick up in Bailey's harbor and Rowley's bay. Monday out of Bailey's two boats picked up four kings and missed a couple, Tuesday with similar weather, zero fish. Talking with Tim at Wagon Trail camp ground he had been getting one or two a trip out of Rowley's so Wednesday we tried Rowley's, windy with mist to light rain was not much fun but each boat managed a king. Back at the campground Tim passed on a report from a friend that the friend picked up ten out of Bailey's. Thursday we went to Bailey's and we pulled in seven with several more missed. A late afternoon trip out of Rowley's added another king. The most fish were caught on flasher fly rigs, any flasher with little boy blue flys, second best was a magnum Moonshine emminator. We were marking lots of bait between fifty and a hundred feet in both places. We marked fish between forty and a hundred in both places (didn't get out much deeper than one-twenty) The hot zone was fifty-five to seventy-five feet with GPS speed 2.4 to 3.0 mph. The smallest fish was ~3lbs the biggest 18.0lbs two were around 15, the rest were 8 to 10lbs.

Thanks for the report Crusty! It sounds like they fishing is getting better up and down the coast with each passing day. The weather has been a bit tough on the smaller rigs due to the foggy conditions and rain but the charters have been getting consistent action out of Algoma in the 90-130' range. Chrome flashers and blue or green tape with aqua flies. they have been doing well and white blades with chrome backs too.

Tunrevir~

Made it out to Algoma for a morning trip with some family on the 4th, on the water by 3 lines in the water by 3:30 ended up going 6 of 7 the only miss was on a weak set on the rigger. Started at about 145 and made our way to 250 all fish were caught were in the 245-255 range. Off the water by 9, nice little double as we were pulling lines in to head back to shore.

full-17060-47191-photo2.jpg

full-17060-47192-photo3.jpg

Nicely done! You guys had some tough water to fish with the surge of cold water that was present this week. Flasher and fly bite?, or did you pick them off on spoons? My buddy that was out there worked the deep water out of Keewaunee and did well for bows and a few kings fishing the top 70' out over 300' with a mixture of FF and spoons.

Tunrevir~

Like Tunrevir said a few posts back it appears as the water temps are starting to set up and reports are getting more positive on Michigan.

I am gearing up for my first trip this year. I am adding copper to the spread so that should help the deep water action laugh

Anybody else going to be in the Algoma\Kew area the next several weeks? I have a walleye trip I need to get to first but then will be heading out sometime late July early Aug.

Sutty