• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins Bats Are Coming Around.

DonBo

What ? We're off the respirator ? Take that CBS sports and ranking us 30th dead last ! I have such backwards luck, so twins stink etc. there you go now we will win, just like washing the truck without rain in sight forever and you bet it rains.

I thought it was gonna be another stinker and I went out to work on some equipment in the forth inning. Came back in a bit later and it is all tied up, Mauer at first, Morneau at the plate with 2 strikes I think? He had just took a cut at a chest high pitch...I walked outside to help the guys and wife yells out, "Morneau just hit a two run homer!" It went from 6 to 10 in a real hurry! It wound up being another hair raiser at the last, but the boys were victorious....exciting game!

Maybe he will be a little less scary with a few more games under his belt and he has time to settle in? From what I've seen and believe me, I haven't sat glued to the game, so there is a margin of error, it appears that alot of the balls that the opposing teams put the wood on, are grounders? Not a bad thing.

Capps still makes me nervous. He is shakey at best.

I heard last year the Nationals were saying they still can't believe we traded Wilson Ramos for Capps... they openly admit they screwed us bad... boy that says a lot doesn't it?

Most teams at least play it that it was a good trade and they hated to see the player go... not the Nationals...

Good Luck!

Ken

Capps still makes me nervous. He is shakey at best. Nice to see the bats come alive thou.

First and foremost I am far from a Capps fan and it will only be a matter of time before he will blow more than one save for the twins.

With that said, while he gave up two runs yesterday, it was a result of a ball taking a bad bounce of second base (out of Capps control) ruining what should have been a would be double play. Then Hughes also later blew a double-play turn.

Capps got about 6 should be outs in that inning so I dont think it was entirely his fault, but he is pretty shaky I agree.

Glad I brought this thread back up yesterday not knowing Jered Weaver would be today's baseball hero dropping our faith to the lowest level in 3 years. If we still had the dome Selig would be talking contraction once again. Be on the lookout for pulled hammies, groin strains,bi-lateral leg weakness and the such. How many Diamondbacks and Rocky players have said to Kubel and Cuddy, Nathan in Texas, you boys got out just in the knick of time, bet their answer had 2 words, No Doubt.