• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN High School Hockey

Bear55

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched every game so far and IMO the best team has been Eagan, but they have one seriously weak link in that chain. Other than Eagan I would say the most impressive team was Lakeville. There is a lot of skill and speed on that team. I think they are motivated by all the pregame Kloos hype. If you listen to the media and Lou Nanne, you would think that Kloos is the only guy on the team! I totally agree with Bartman, some of those consolation games would be awesome to watch! Everyone of those teams will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulders.

Eagan vs Maple Grove - Winner Eagan

Breck vs STMA 11 AM on channel 45 Winner STMA

DUEAST vs Edina Noon - Winner DUEAST

THFRF vs HRMNTN 1 pm channel 45

Hill M vs Moorehead 6pm channel 45

Lakeville vs BSM 8 PM channel 45

Wow is all I can say, what a fun day of games. That has to be the first time and maybe the only time for many years we see all 4 seeded teams go down.

You can't not cheer for Moorhead against HM and I really like the way Lakeville was playing too. It would be a nice story if BSM won the whole thing but I might have to pull for Lakeville.

I am only wishng that the private schools all lose or move up a class where they belong.

I have watched the tourny for 43 years and its time the privates either move up or have thier own tourny.

Agreed. St. Thomas especially. #1 they have an enrollment of roughly 700, single A was initially written is schools with less than 500 for enrollment. #2, it's an all male school so effectively they have a similar number of athletes as a school with an enrollment of 1400; which is pretty typical enrollment for a AA team. #3, they are private so they recruit good athletes (as opposed to playing with the cards they are dealt).

No crying in Hockey guys!

Quote:
I think we are seeing one heck of a tournament right now!!

Ya Think!

Just to nitpick a little the Eagan goalie allowed under 2 goals a game in arguably the best conference in the country. The alternative was a freshmen goalie that they RECRUITED from Lakeville North!

Sounds like I made a bad assumption about Sweet Lou. Heard a couple reports now that he was very impartial and kept his emotions very professionally in check. Can't imagine I'm the only one to be surprised to hear that after not listening to the game. What's the line on him making two more days without talking about the best teams not being able to play for the title? I'm all in saying he snivels at some point.

Bryce,

Lou was very fair and actually I think he didnt give some credit when his grand kids did some thing good. He would actually just say nothing,which made for an awkward silence. The one got called for boarding which I thought was a joke. However there was not a negative peep out of Lou.

Towards the middle of the second period of the DE/South game you could tell Lou was thinking that South was the better team on the ice. He was complimenting South pretty much the entire games. i bet 10 times we said how much he liked their Defense and their #6.

So far it has been another great call by Lou.

He will mention the highest ranked team not being present, but from what I saw the better team won every game. That seemed to be Lous thought too.

Lou is the man, Im just glad he doesnt sink down to that class A stuff.

Wow, I cant remember seeing a highschool team as fast as Hill in a long time. They were just flying. They were fast skaters and moved the puck fast. I wouldnt mind seeing Guentzel wearing the Maroon and Gold either. Kids got potential.

Should be a good one tonight.

I agree the match up between HM and BSM will be a great game. Both teams are fast and have a lot of energy, so it will make for a great one.

I'm predicting BSM for the win, they look really good.

And STMA will defeat Hermantown again to keep the 2nd place curse in place.

Hockey is a funny game, one night you are playing out of your mind and beat one of the best teams in the state, the next night you are blown out of the water. I can't say I remember a AA semifinal that one sided before.