• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stained ceramic tile

The Grebe

Problems, problems, always problems! When something goes right the first time, it's almost shocking! Speaking for myself, if I get it right the first time with no unforeseen glitches, I think I may have missed a step, or done something wrong?

Anyways, heres the deal.....retiled the bathroom shower area and floor. Finished it off and used TileLab grout and tile sealer as per instructions.

When everything dried, there were streaks on the tile. Tried scrubbing them off with a heavy brush, to no avail.

Got some Rubbermaid Commercial quality Shower, tub and tile cleaner and applied as per directions to one area. Streaks are still there. Any suggestions?

Best thing I can suggest is get on the manufacturer's web site and ask the question there. No one should know how to solve a problem better than the manufacturer. Or better yet, give them a call and ask for tech support. When I was working and had a problem with a product, my first call was always to the manufacturer.

My kid had a similar problem when he did his a few years ago. There was a special cleaner to remove the streaks, nasty stuff. His was caused be not getting the grout cleaned up well enough. Can't remember what the stuff was either. I think he called a store specializing in tile work.