• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Navionics on iphone

auggie78

Someone shared a link that showed the list of all lakes and highlighted the ones in red which were "HD" lakes. The problem was I know for certain some of the lakes they had listed as HD lakes were not actually in HD on the new version. LOW was one of them, but like I said, this is supposed to be resolved soon.

My experiences with the app on my iPhone is that it gets easily confused while on Mille Lacs. Doesnt show the correct location sometimes. In the metro it works just fine. My Garmins with the LakeMaster chip work much better on the pond.

My experiences with the app on my iPhone is that it gets easily confused while on Mille Lacs. Doesnt show the correct location sometimes. In the metro it works just fine. My Garmins with the LakeMaster chip work much better on the pond.
that may be because your phone is using cell towers to determine location versus satellites. Check your settings and I be you can have better results on Miller lacs. I never had problems with mine out there.

Yes, I do realize the Razr is 4G LTE and the IPhone is only 3G, but I should have been more specific. Even when both phones are in 3G or I am connected Wifi to any one of my networks the IPhone is noticeably slower downloading. This is purely showing the limitation of the speed of the processor NOT the network speeds.

I never talked about Rooting or tethering or anything, which I have tried that I really have no interest in voiding my warranty or support through updates.

When I am talking about free apps, I am talking about something like Angry Birds for example. On the android market its free, Itunes its $.99. It wont break me, but why would the very same app cost money on one versus the other? only for Apple to make more money. That's just one example and there are hundreds like this I just picked that one because its the most popular game.

Nitpicky things about when typing the letters on the keypad do not change size to show caps or lowercase. Thats lame.

You also have to configure an Itunes account to do anything in teh store which requires you enter a credit card. At least the android marketplace lets you browse, then if you want to purchase something you enter your card.

My favorite feature of the IPhone since I better mention one is Siri. Its a riot seeing what "she" comes up with.

On your free Apps, you need to understand the marketing of the App markets as I have pointed out. As a Developer myself I am not going to go into any further detail on why? Do the research and learn if you want really know why Ravio thinks its should be free on other markets but not iOS. There many App versions that are free on iOS, lite or full versions that free on other platforms too such as Web OS. I hardly consider Angry birds a must have app but thats just me.

On nitpicking your options, there is a reason. Educate yourself & learn about the device and you will understand its features. There's a reason they have iTunes acct. It keeps track of everything you purchase or download free or not. Its your key portal to getting your apps. Sure you can browse the iOS app store. But once you want to download something you have to create an account free one or credit card one.

No pun intended and I wont be getting into it further but your own testing is very flawed, just because you think its faster on your own wifi network doesnt mean its superior in hardware. As I will point out again, what variables did you consider? Did you test different wifi networks? Different times of the day? Over a span over period testing? Simply the iPhone 4S in wifi is blazing fast and so is its browser. There are many many sites out there that benchmark these smartphones with different variables and I have yet seen one claim that the Razr is superior to the iPhone let alone other smartphones.

Below is a chart comparison test by PCWorld magazine:

mobile_browser_speed_credit_gomez-514830

Once again there is way too many variables to claim your Razr is superior. Even with that many different benchmarks the outcomes will be different. End of story.

Now back to Navionics...

Either way this thread is about Navionics? Care to share your experience on Navionics for iPhone 4S VS. your Razr since you have both?

How can you say my research is flawed when you know zero about how it was conducted? Its great you included some chart comparison of page loads but there is way too much missing data about the test to form any opinion from it. What phones were used? What os version were they running? What pages were they loading? I have tested it on several networks and different times of day with the same results regardless of day time or pages. I'm not saying its a dramatic difference but its noticeable.

I don't have the navionics app on my iPhone. I prefer larger real estate to see the detail.

android uses gmail for the same purposes of iTunes. I could really care less what ios. Reasons for why they do things. I don't like the keypad functionality. If you do that's cool. I do think the iPhone has a crisper image slightly better viewing in direct sunlight though.