• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1-18-12

Fire officials warn the ice on Lake Winnebago is not safe, especially in the Neenah-Menasha area.

Crews with the Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue Department have been training for ice rescues all week, and they say ice conditions in the area are extremely weak.

The most dangerous area, the department says, is near the Neenah River, where a two-mile long crack has formed.

Other areas of concern include Davis Point and the outer bar, and the center of the lake is still open water.

Officials say as temperatures drop this week, ice will form but it will take a while for it to solidify.

2-4-12

Once again, I want to reiterate that extreme caution should be taken if you plan on venturing out to Lake Winnebago. Whether it is to scout for sturgeon spearing or simply fishing, the ice is by no means safe. Snowmobiles/Four wheelers are about the only way to travel, if not by foot. Reports of 12inches has been the norm, but coupled with this is moving 200yds and finding 6inches....No fishing clubs on the lake will be putting out roads or bridges this year. Some clubs may be putting smaller bridges out for 4 wheelers, but remember, all bridges are "At your own Risk." and clubs are not liable for any damage or accidents. Plenty of cracks are out there.

So, please use common sense when attempting to go out on the big girl. She is not afraid of you. Temperatures in the mid 40's the next few days isn't very promising for any ice fisherman. Be Safe!

LOL, yeah, I've told everyone I knew, DO NOT Venture on to that lake. I read the day before that the Battle was going on as planned. I'm thinking, HAHA some water vehicle rescue company is about to hit pay dirt. Well, looks to be about a $40 grand day.

Seeing all those cars parked right next to each other on less than a foot of ice, gee...let's think just a few mins...yeah..