• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Car through ice on Poinsett

Who the #%&^)!& is driving on the ice? Right now, it is kind of dangerous out on the ice...there were so many places where there was good ice in bays/around edges, and open water in the middle part of the lakes. It is going to be tough to know where the ice is a foot and a half thick, and where it is just a few inches of new ice.

Wow. Enough said.

Of course I don't have the fortitude to even walk on the ice (that we don't have down here in Nebraska), and would be scared to death to walk on the ice 2 hours north of here. Driving? Sad. It might be late January, but this year is special. Ice fishing gear hasn't even been busted out yet and will probably sit in the corner of my shed, untouched. I have been prepping the boat for 'full' open water since December.

Don't quote me, but sounds like it was a group of 3, 1 in a Polaris Ranger and 2 on their own ATV's. With the poor weather conditions the driver of the Ranger got mixed up and drove onto a thin spot or maybe even open water there.

Thoughts and prayers to the family. Be safe out their guys, this snow is going to cover up a lot of the thin spots.

Reading the news from Sioux Falls today sounds like this guy was by himself and entered open water. 46 yrs old, were not able to recover him until this morning due to weather and poor ice conditions. Such a shame, loss of life and not listening to the warnings. Hope everyone is acting safely.