• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins sign Zumaya.

2k1stang

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I dont understand the mentality of some teams. I would think the goal should be World series every year, and if you dont think your team can accomplish this, you find more key players in order for your team to make it, or at least give the perception that they stand a chance. I look at the Twins line up, and see, last place in our division, and only competition the Twins will have, is whether they will beat the 99 losses from last year or not. But yet fans are satisfied with that?

I don't think fans will be very satisfied with another last place finish. I do think it's a given that this organization is content with contending in a weak division and anything more than that is just unexpected extras. It's very profitable for the owners. If a person just can temper their expectations to match the team goals it isn't so bad. (Not an easy thing to do sometimes.)

I like this signing. sounds like only $450k of the $800k is guaranteed with the rest in incentives on a high potential player is a good risk. I know it's crazy to talk about $800k like it's no big deal is hard to swallow but after all we are talking professional athletes.

I guess I have come to accept mediocrity with MN sports teams, but to have the Timberwolves the best team to compete this year, is just a little disheartening. Dont get me wrong, I am a big Wolves fan, and they are actually going to be good this year, but after having the Twins tank the season, and the Vikings, is a little frustrating.

With the money the Twins have spent in the last few seasons and they ranked pretty high with the dollars they spent, I do not see them spending anymore than they have to until they can get rid of the M&M boys contracts.

The owners are in it to make a buck and spending more right now would be foolish for thier bottom line.

I would guess the stands will still be pretty full this season but they cannot have the following year the same or I am sure the attendence with slide.

Small market and they can only spend so much.

I am sure this will be a sad year as I see the M&M boys not doing much along with the loss of Cuddy and Kubel. Thats 2 pretty good bats lost and not much for new.

One can only hope Zumaya has a good season as the pitching needs alot of help boith for starters and the bull pen.

Hope and a prayer is all the Twins have right now.

attendance is one thing, tv market is another. the angels just got a tv deal worth 3 billion over the next 20 years - 150 million per year.

the twins meanwhile have a deal where they get 29 million per year.

i'm not agreeing or disagreeing with how much the twins spend, i'm just saying attendance doesn't tell you the whole picture.

i will say, spending more money isn't going to fix their current problems of health.

I just hope our innings last longer than 5 minutes this year and 2 minutes of those were commercials, mom how'd I miss us bat ? Well strikeout,dribbler to 2nd and a K looking, oh, thanks mom. I wish Cuddy or Kubel could tell us the truth about the M and M situation.

the truth about m and m is out there. they were pampered and gardy/smith allowed them to sit with hangnails,hangovers and headaches while cuddy was playing with a broken wrist and kubel with a broken foot. Cuddy called them out saying they were soft (to use a polite term) and then management (smith) made him apologize to them. mauer for sure. hurt his feelings i guess. the more i hear mauer the more i am convinced he has been pampered his whole life and whatever he wants, he gets. He is soft and listens only to his mom..He needs to grow up and grow some....

i dont think this would have happened under kelly's watch. Morris basically said the same thing..inmates running the asylum...kinda like the kevin garnett years with the wolves...i see kelly is back in the mix down in florida now..we will see how that works..it may not have been all on gardy. it may have been his boss smith..glad he is gone...

Is that the deal, he feels so safe and secure in MN that he knows he'll always get a pass, if he would've signed in NY lets say I bet he'd be trying to prove it and himself daily. We just love our local boys, Morris,Molitor, etc. but they were old school with old school toughness, you do get a pass if you play old school style and are tough. Back to Zumaya, Mauer's hand might need to be tougher if Joel's arm is good to go. I really doubt he can pitch without a few trips to the DL. Maybe he has the intel on how to beat Verlander lol.

Just another typical broken- down- washed- up- over- the-hill twins free agent signing! I feel bad for the guy, but thats what the twins get for signing their trademark no count free agent.... Looks like the twins are picking up right where they left off last year, start adding to the injured reserve!

Hashtag-frown..... Just another day in loserville usa! What teams we have to root for in this state! Is there any awards for ineptitude?