• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Replacement Canvas for Otter Lodge

Musky Joe

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a canvas shop that makes replacement canvas covers for the otter lodge. The one I have is 12 years old and has held up well, but the canvas has worn thin and it doesn't make sense to repair it anymore. Otter only offers the thermal houses now and I'm not willing to invest that much at this time. Thanks in advance

as people upgrade to thermal canvases there are some showing up on a-sales-site for a good deal. canvas craft has their own shelters but use the same otter sleds. you could check with them too but I believe all their shelters are insulated as well.

good luck!

Rich

Canvas Craft made a uninsulated shell but I think theirs is a little different from the otter ones as Canvas Craft has a slightly diferent height. you could buy the canvas craft shell and framework and then just put it on your sled. I know you don't want to spend the money for insulated but in the long run it would be worth the extra cost upfront. once you have insulated you will never go back to uninsulated. also could call around to places like thornes, reeds, marine general,gander, & H&H sports shop(maple lake) and see if they happen to have a new "old stock" shell for a lodge.

Any place that would make you a replacement canvas would be more than ordering right from Otter. If you order a new thermal canvas you will also need to get new poles. Check out Otters HSOforum and you can go to the online catalog and price out the new Thermal canvas and poles. www.otter.com You will not be disappointed in the new Thermal Canvas. I have only needed heat in mine twice so far this warmer than usual season. Well worth the cost and little extra weight.

I have a brand new Otter non thermal lodge for sale in the classifieds if your at all interested. Its a smokin deal on a new house with everything you need for a Otter Ice House.

i had canvas craft quote making me a replacement thermal shell for a clam scout. Its a small one man shelter. They charge 100 bucks for patterning the old tent and then it would be roughly 350 to make it. So 450 total. I can buy a new canvas craft bigger one man with sled seats and poles for about 550. I think you would be better off just buying from otter. You may be able to get the wild shell with just the thermal top. Good luck, but making a one off at a canvas shop anywhere would be expensive not just canvas craft. you could try a custom boat cover maker.

i had canvas craft quote making me a replacement thermal shell for a clam scout. Its a small one man shelter. They charge 100 bucks for patterning the old tent

That's why it's best to call Canvas Craft. They do save all of the patterns and they may have the one that's needed.

very true dave. especially for an otter shell seeing as they use otter sleds. they have contact info on their site. and the lady who e-mailed me back answered all my questions. I really want a canvas craft thermal house. was just hoping i could spend less money. smile

i had canvas craft quote making me a replacement thermal shell for a clam scout. Its a small one man shelter. They charge 100 bucks for patterning the old tent and then it would be roughly 350 to make it. So 450 total. I can buy a new canvas craft bigger one man with sled seats and poles for about 550. I think you would be better off just buying from otter. You may be able to get the wild shell with just the thermal top. Good luck, but making a one off at a canvas shop anywhere would be expensive not just canvas craft. you could try a custom boat cover maker.

a wild shell won't work on a lodge. there is a difference in height of the sleds.

I'm in the same boat where I want new canvas but my sled is perfectly fine. I called otter and they do not sell only the wild shell so even if it would fit you cannot purchase it from them since they don't split the wild series apart.

I think I will end up just getting a new house. Seems ridiculous but comparing costs it only makes sense.