• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins add Marquis to rotation

Scott M

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Right-hander Jason Marquis has agreed to a one-year, $3 million deal with the Minnesota Twins.

The Twins announced the move Thursday.

The 33-year-old Marquis went 8-5 with a 3.95 ERA for the Washington Nationals last season before being traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks on July 30. Marquis went 0-1 with a 9.53 ERA in three starts for Arizona.

Marquis missed the last month and a half of the season with a broken right fibula after being hit by a line drive. He was an All-Star with the Colorado Rockies in 2009 and will likely be relied upon as a fourth or fifth starter in Minnesota.

The Twins were looking for a veteran arm after moving starter Brian Duensing to the bullpen and trading Kevin Slowey to the Rockies.

Another veteran player frown. They need young tallent, not another old has been. If he can bounce back and add something that would be great but as it looks now they have one of the worst pitching staffs in the AL.

As I have said before it should be a fun year to watch eek

As mentioned he isn't great, but better then some they have trotted out there over the years. They just need people who can get them deep into the games. There is no bullpen here prior to the 8th inning.

Like the old saying goes " throw enough mud against the wall some will stick."

What they need is for fans to stop going just to see the stadium. Then when the fans stop going because they arent putting a competitive team on the field, then maybe they will figure it out.

No, they will just cut payroll more so profits are met. And with the state of our farm system that doesn't make for a very intertaining team IMO.

Another ho hum pitcher that will more than likely be gone next season.

Boy, we get all the good ones. The only way the Twins will get a good starter is to look for young talent and it is out there or open up the checkbook and I doubt that will happen with the M&M money that was spent.

Dump Cuddy and Kubel and now the Twins save money but we will have nothing more than last season at best.

Maybe they can lose 100 games.

It all comes down to this. If Mauer and Morneau are healthy they will be better. If not, they will lose 100+ and be out of contention by the 4th of July. With M&M they will have a decent but not great team. They should battle Cleveland for 3rd behind Detroit and Kansas City.

As much as we need an ace there just isn't one out there right now. Not a huge fan of the signing but I don't think there was much left to beef up a weak rotation.

Whats so hard for people to understand about this?

Let me get this staright we've had one bad year and you guys are calling for a fan boycot?

LOL~

All you guys saying this is a bad pickup and we shoulda got an ace, I say who? Who is out there that we coulda got at the time? I actually like the pickup. Hopefully he can come in and do what Pavano did a few years ago. I don't see them losing close to 100 games this year.

How much run support will he get? Last year we were a joke really, when the dodgers put up 20 and Texas also, Cuddy pitched, Nishioka looked like a clown, we're in trouble. What is Justin Morneau's status ? Marquis good luck hiking your pitches into Butera.