• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who rides and what?

dustybaker

Nice rides every one. Hockey Guy, you are literally riding my dream bike. You are absolutely correct, it combines everything you could want in a bike, all while looking sharp.

I just started riding spring of 2011. I'm already hooked and am planning on having motorcycles being a key part in my career when I graduate college.

My first bike and main rider right now is my 87 Yamaha Radian YX600

IMG_5894.jpg

Here is my project 80 or 81 Yamaha Exciter SR250. I bought it last fall in not running condition and have it running now, but looking to do a lot of customization. Biggest pain right now is that the tank is rusted through.

IMG_5845.jpg

If you are interested I have some project videos on YouTube. My channel is AnagramForCraig. Not the most entertaining stuff, but fairly interesting.

I've had 12 different motorcycles over the years. I've had everything from big V-Twins to sport-bikes, but I went eight years without a bike while the kids were young. I kept making payments to myself just so I could buy whatever I wanted when I finally decided to purchase another one. I looked long and hard at everything out there, but I found myself asking why I can't find a bike with a good combination of reliability, comfort, handling, the versatility to add touring bags when I wanted, and crazy fast horse-power. Why doesn't anyone make anything like the V65 Magna I had in high school? So, I went out and found one with low miles (10,000) and tore it all apart over the winter. I replaced every wearable part I could think of. New hoses, seals, gaskets, wiring, pumps, etc… Then I rebuilt the calipers, master cylinders, and installed stainless steel brake lines. I just love the "What the" looks I get from the kids on their sport-bikes when I beat them off from light to light!!!

This just doesn't sound right.

ninja300.png

Here is my new ride, sorry about the cell phone pic. I passed my MSF rider course this summer and wanted a lightweight, fun, starter bike. I bought a 2013 Ninja 300 this fall and have only got about half the break-in miles done. It's rediculously fun and good on gas. I can pass fine at highway speeds, and people are reporting top speeds around 100 (not that I'll be driving that fast but it has decent power for a 300cc engine). I have way to many toys with carbs and the new fuel injected bikes are the way to go for low maintenance.

It's rated at 68 mpg, but I got about 62 the first tank. I'm running premium non-oxy gas, but kawasaki actually recommends 87 octane. After getting the rings seated and some different gas I would expect to get very close to the 68mpg. I don't like ethanol gas sitting all winter long.

I just love the "What the" looks I get from the kids on their sport-bikes when I beat them off from light to light!!!

This just doesn't sound right.

Yeah, it doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, a V65 is a fast bike, but a modern 600cc sport bike has similar power and a 750 or larger is considerably more power.

Me thinks you were up against some inexperienced drivers.

I think the sportbike rider(s) just had a better head on his shoulders. If someone on a loud cruiser splits a lane with me and I have no idea who it is, i'm going to let them go by. I don't feel like I need to prove anything because I ride a different style of bike. We all need to share the road and show some respect.

Some very nice lookin' rides here. Don't have a current pic of my bike, but I ride. Been cruising the Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota roads on an 01' Honda VT1100 cruiser for 10 years now. Kinda hate NW Minnesota for riding though. Seems our riding season is really short here. Winters are REALLY long, and really harsh.

C'mon Kidd!?! That isn't really yours, is it? There's some kind of sign behind the "2 x 4 Mystery Machine" that says Alabama blah blah blah. That bike frame is made out of 2 x 4's!!! How dangerous is that from a shear strength/engineering standpoint?!? Yikes! eek

I'll post a pic of my bike as soon as I can, but I'm seriously thinking of either selling out altogether, or upgrading to a way more blingy ride in the spring.