• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who rides and what?

dustybaker

My other little project bike.

IMG00128.jpg

Started out life as a 2005 Softail Standard. Now... Not so standard. Aside from the obvious, I've done some internal mods that REALLY woke the beasty up. I've been told ( whistle ) wheelies with apes are kind of exciting. Not that I've ever tried that or nothin'... wink

Well I have to up date my bike pic after this weekend! smile

I picked up a spotless new-to-me used Suzuki DR650SE.

No more sucking dust on the trails or semi exhaust on the hyw! full-27051-19046-bikes005.jpg

Oh For Sale. 1997 Yam XT225! wink

looks good leech!youre gonna have put some nobbies on her though,itll slip and slide in the dirt with those! especially in the rain!
You don't think my riding skills in the dirt will over come that? whistlegrin

My other little project bike.

IMG00128.jpg

Started out life as a 2005 Softail Standard. Now... Not so standard. Aside from the obvious, I've done some internal mods that REALLY woke the beasty up. I've been told ( whistle ) wheelies with apes are kind of exciting. Not that I've ever tried that or nothin'... wink

Moose-Hunter it looks like you have done a lot of work and ended up with a sweet ride! cool I have to ask. How are the Ape hangers on a long ride for keeping blood in the arms? frown

full-41015-19076-bikeinmt.jpg

This is me riding through Montana on my 2006 Harley Electra Glide Police bike. I have added quite a few chrome items and the tour pack to it. It was originally a Denver Police bike. By the way in this picture I had my chest waders and travel fly rod in the tour pack. My brother and I had a blast fishing trout streams along the tar roads.

Now the dilema begins... just found one I want to buy instead of cstomizing mine... original crate end, orig. crate banner, signed factory shipping papers, plus lots of customizations...

Do I sell mine? Do I keep and have two? Do I just move forward with fitting mine with all the goodies... decisions decisions

Here is mine now...

full-357-19403-ehthumbnail.jpg

Good Luck!

Ken

Moose-Hunter it looks like you have done a lot of work and ended up with a sweet ride! cool I have to ask. How are the Ape hangers on a long ride for keeping blood in the arms? frown

Thanks Leech!!

It's not too bad, really. I'm kind of a tall guy and my hands end up just slightly higher than my shoulders. A fraction of an inch lower and they'd be perfect. I may pull the risers and turn them down a bit IF I get a wild hair but it's honestly not on my short list.

I've done around 100 miles at a shot before needing a break. Which is about as far as I'd like to ride non-stop on this bike anyway. It's not so much the arms but the parachute effect your body creates with the much taller bars. This ain't know touring bike that's for sure!!

I've had 12 different motorcycles over the years. I've had everything from big V-Twins to sport-bikes, but I went eight years without a bike while the kids were young. I kept making payments to myself just so I could buy whatever I wanted when I finally decided to purchase another one. I looked long and hard at everything out there, but I found myself asking why I can't find a bike with a good combination of reliability, comfort, handling, the versatility to add touring bags when I wanted, and crazy fast horse-power. Why doesn't anyone make anything like the V65 Magna I had in high school? So, I went out and found one with low miles (10,000) and tore it all apart over the winter. I replaced every wearable part I could think of. New hoses, seals, gaskets, wiring, pumps, etc… Then I rebuilt the calipers, master cylinders, and installed stainless steel brake lines. I just love the "What the" looks I get from the kids on their sport-bikes when I beat them off from light to light!!!

So I call this my New 1985 Honda V65 Magna.

full-1280-20643-imag0207.jpg