• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable House Interior Lights

reinhard1

i was at the FF store today getting stuff for Christmas. so i was looking for lights for inside the portable and noticed some different items. two different brands of a light you hang in your house [kind of like a lantern] that is opperated by batteries with a fan. then of course the circular type with all the little lights, and a product by Clam that looks like a big horseshoe that surrounds your hole with lights pointing toward the ice.

anyone have any of these, and what gives out the best light? thanks. good luck.

I have about 4 of the disc ones with leds that go around the outside edge. I have 3 and it lights up the house with no problem seeing at all. The lantern looking ones dont do a good job cause the light only goes out to the side and you have dead zones then above and below.

I recently bought a clam tube style led light bar. This is rechargeable and the internal battery lasts about 3 hours. It did include a cord to plug into cigarette lighter and a cord with alligator clips for a vex battery.

So far I really like it and it seems to light up my Clam Yukon plenty. I considered an LED light strip, but I like the fact that I can use this for other applications as well.

I was debating on buying a rayovac sportsman xtreme 300 lumen lantern but then got the house out and checked on my Frabill single light rated at 70 lumens and it still lights, batts are from last winter. So I went to GM and picked up 2 more. Same as the bar light but just single. Lights my house just fine and doesn't need to be taken out. Folds with my house and they pivot/angle to where I need light.

Really didn't like idea of running my flasher batt on rope lights or lugging second batt for them either is why I went this route.

Two packs of cheapo battery operated lights from the local home improvement store, a little duct tape, a bit of soldering, and some gator clips and I have a fully lighted 1 man which runs off my vex battery. All for under $10.

It makes for a good project while you wait for the ice to come.

All I use for my one man and my suitcase 4 man is a 12v light bulb outlet, 6 ft of wire with alegator glips hooked up to my extra battery and hang it from the top brace. Lights up my houses more than enough. Cheap at the hardware store.

I recently bought a clam tube style led light bar. This is rechargeable and the internal battery lasts about 3 hours. It did include a cord to plug into cigarette lighter and a cord with alligator clips for a vex battery.

So far I really like it and it seems to light up my Clam Yukon plenty. I considered an LED light strip, but I like the fact that I can use this for other applications as well.

I got one of these last weekend. Good bye AA batteries that the clam fan/light i had used! This unit is sweet!

The frabill light bar is great. Puts light where I need it, batteries going on their second year.

I agree the frabill light bar is a good light. I got one last year and haven't had to change the batteries yet either. I use light strips in my big porty but still use the frabill light in the smaller one. It is nice that the 4 lights are adjustable and can be pointed in any direction.

In past years I've tried the clam Fan/Light combo (it's terrible and not very bright/batteries dead every 18 hrs.) Last year I went with clam pocket lights, they are easy and bright enough but not very good for aiming light in the right direction. This year I'm debating getting a nice quality coleman or energizer camp lantern powered by batteries or a Frabill light bar. I'm hoping the brightness is huge and the batt life is good. Maybe that Rayovac I keep reading about. Any thoughts?