• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO's LOOK and RELEASE VIDS

Gordie

it always amazes me that the lucky few pike that grow up to be big just don't immediately smash anything that looks like a wounded fish without even hesitating

you would think that an aggressive type of behavior is one of the ways they became one of the 1-percent of their siblings to survive to adulthood

what do they really have to be afraid of at this point in their life, other than us? And how many have even encountered a lure or a spear?

guess those are just things to think about as we watch them put on a show for us

thanks for these amazing vids!!

In the past 14 days I had the chances to see what I think is a 44" plus fish. The first time it came in along side a 34", that I did get, it made the 34" look small. Another time I was eating nuts and looking down it came between my feet, just sticking it head into the hole about 8" from the decoy. The head looked to be as wide as the 7" decoy. It slowly backed out. I have seen this fish 6 times and 2 other guys have seen it a few times also and everyone knows it big. The fish always moving slow. If there is some thing that's not right, it backs out just as slow as it comes in. There are reasons that it doesn't have to attack everything it sees, it king.

Hawkeye43

I just measured my 48 1/2 29 lb muskie mount and its approx 6 inches wide at the head. I could not get above it to look down and get a real accurate measurement. I have seen a big one that would behave like that all season. just snout and then back out no interest in any minnow or decoy only spoon or golf ball. It moved in slow motion at all times. Took a lot of explaining to the Brother in law not to take a bad shot plus what are you going to do with grandma? He now is enjoying seeing her. Never comes closer than snout in the hole. Together we have seen it a dozen times. Others in the area have seen glimpses of big tail turning away but none have had it come in. They are strictly minnow guys. She is not interested at all. The minnow does not even wake up when she appears.

Mwal