• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO's LOOK and RELEASE VIDS

Gordie

Sham: That is one fantastic video. Would love to have that kind of action in a day! Do you ever drop a line down with a sucker minnow and rod/reel when the fish are that active? I love to catch and release fish those size in the winter while sight fishing. Would be an absolute riot with action like that!

Sham: That is one fantastic video. Would love to have that kind of action in a day! Do you ever drop a line down with a sucker minnow and rod/reel when the fish are that active? I love to catch and release fish those size in the winter while sight fishing. Would be an absolute riot with action like that!

No, I usually don't try to catch them. It gets to me a mess when the fish gets wrapped up in the decoy lines.

yea i made a trip up north yesterday with the gf, the lake is pretty much a private lake no public access, didnt make it out to the area i wanted gf got to spooked only 9.5" of ice laugh nice clear water and little to no pressure all year long, might try to head up there one more time this year

Here is the last shot that the northern from my previous video took at the sucker. There was only about 3ft of water from the ice to the tops of the weeds, the lake doesn't get a whole lot deeper then this either. The first northern of the day I pulled up to the surface and grabbed. Only saw small pike that day, but it was a lot of fun.

Here is the last shot that the northern from my previous video took at the sucker. There was only about 3ft of water from the ice to the tops of the weeds, the lake doesn't get a whole lot deeper then this either. The first northern of the day I pulled up to the surface and grabbed. Only saw small pike that day, but it was a lot of fun.

">

Thanks for the compliments. The camera is actually a few years old, it is a Sony Powershot I think, only 7 megapixel. I think it had more to do with the conditions why the video turned out so good. It was a nice bright day with no snow on the ice, the house was dark, and I was in crystal clear shallow water. The pike were really hungry as well, which makes things fun.