• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hand Auger

Hello,

A few years ago I was about to buy a hand auger from another member of this site. I think it may have been Hawkeye43, but honestly I may not remember exactly. Since I was just starting out at the ice fishing thing and had no equipment, he kindly gave me this auger for free...with one condition: that I pay it forward and give this item to someone else who NEEDS it whenever I got a better one. Well, the time has come and I now have a power auger. I know this is impossible to police, but I would rather give this to someone who may just be starting out, or does not have an auger, etc. This is not meant for someone who is just looking to make a quick buck. I would love to see the tradition of this item carried on throughout this site for years to come.

This is definatly not a new item, it is well used but still works. I believe the Auger is a Mora (blue) 7''. It likely needs new blades, but what auger doesn't this time of year ;-) It is located in Mankato. I will not deliver/ship it. feel free to post here or email me on why you need the auger. Thanks!

Dustin

thumpwagonp @ hotmail

Hawkeye43: (I hope I am remembering this right! If I am wrong on the person, I am so sorry!) Thank you for the gift a few years ago! It was much appreciated! Hopefully you are able to check in here and see that I am fulfilling my end of the bargain :-)

Huh...Nice deal guys!

I gave my brother an 8 inch Lazer hand auger several years back but that was so he'd quit asking to power my power auger. grin

Now I'm wishing I had it to give to our daughter's boyfriend. His broke and he's broke so he can't afford new blades. He loves to ice fish but has to wait now until someone takes him.

da_chise, I think you're closer if my need qualifies. I'll PM you.

I must be getting old too. I'm thinking about giving him my FL8 I keep as a spare since he doesn't have a flasher either...

I think I'll just let him use it when we go fishing but that's kind of like teasing him. I do have another spare though. My Lowrance 522 has been filling in really nice since I had to commission that in the flasher mode when I tore the ducer cable off my LX5.

I've been strapping the 522 on my sled's seat for the gps map when I'm driving so I always have it with me anyway. I didn't use it for a flasher before because it was eating up batteries too quick. This year I put a fully charged 9.5 Ahr battery on it and it can stay on from sun up to sun down.

The LX5 is back on active duty again though.

I've got one I can give away as well, Mora 7" blue. Same principle as above, it's free to use and when you are done with it, pay it forward. PM me.

Auger is still available. I took a closer look and one of the blades is free swinging. Likely could use new blades or at least get a new nut to hold the blade. Free to the first taker, please pay it forward in the future, it was the first ice fishing gift my parents gave me.