• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Utah this fall and summer

Been busy checking out new waters. Utah DWR actually manages Starvation reservoir for walleyes and perch and I decided to give it a try. Reviewed a map and picked a few spots. Basically was cruising around when the sonar tagged a school of fish extending from 6 to 24ft depths. Dropped a jig down and perch jerking commenced. We fished for four hours solid and the perch kept coming. Most were of the 8 to 10 inch variety but we picked some jumbos out of the school with the largest taping at 15". Also got 3 walleys in the mix. Decided to try our hand at trolling for eyes and got a mixed bag of rainbow trout and a couple of small walleyes. Also plowed through a few schools of perch in the process. This lake is for sure on the calendar for ice fishing.

Fall fishing for trout on Strawberry was a little off this year as water is still very high. Discovered large trout love walleye spinning rigs tipped with a crawler. No bruisers this year but a lot of nice 3 to 5 lb fish. Averaged about 20 fish an outing and know of some who were hitting in the 50s. The hard deck is just starting to form. Can't wait to get out on the ice.

Sorry no pics - I leave my cell in the truck and never have a camera in the boat. The camera is bad juju and wife can't tell me to head home if I don't have my phone.