• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mahay's Riverboat Service.

you looking for a drop off or a full guided trip? you can be dropped off at a few of the popular spots and camp (its cheaper and more fun i think). if you do that you will most likely be dropped off at clear creek. there is a big sand bar where people camp. from there you can either fish clear creek where is dumps in to talkeetna or you can walk up river a few hundred yards and fish fish creek. fish creek is no bait and a single hook where clear creek you can fish bait and multiple hooks. Thats where i took my buddies from mn when they came up to visit me. what type of salmon or fish did you want to catch? here are a few pics from that spot i have more i will put up. this was in late august...a little to late i thought.

Tagged salmon i caught

47476_423733683682_579738682_5108152_400

just a fish for a pic threw it back(the redder they are the mushyer the meat is)

45181_423733948682_579738682_5108175_230

bear that stole my buddies stringer of fish from 15 feet from us

44599_423733548682_579738682_5108137_541

buddy with a decent one. cooked up good on the camp fire

41134_423733498682_579738682_5108134_158

Just got back. Had a great 10 day trip. We fished one day out of Talkeetna and had Mahays drop us off at Clear Creek for a day. There were lots of Chums in the river, which were fun catching. Also caught about 11 silvers. Could have done better on the silvers if we had gotten out earlier as it was pretty sunny and hot that day. Clear Creek is a popular dropoff point so there were lots of other people but seemed to be plenty of room.

One thing about Mahays: We found their office staff somewhat disorganized and they are definately no longer into fishing. In fact their office people knew little or nothing about fishing. Their thing is really the riverboat excursion trips. I would suggest any of the other fishing charters out of Talkeetna. Tri Rivers does drop offs and there is Fisherman's Choice and Phantom Salmon Charters who all know there way around.