• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how do you hook your underwater camera to your tv screen

adamr

Most UW cameras have a video out jack which when used with an RCA will hook up to a tv in the video in jack. This also works with cam recorders.

I have my aqua vu scout hooked up to a 22" flat screen that I have mounted eye level when sitting down in my permanent shack. It's almost like sitting on the bottom of the lake, just not as wet.

Gator-

Do you have to change a special setting on your flat screen to get the camera to show? I fought my Cabelas camera & 19" Magnavox trying to get the camera to show up, but just couldn't make it happen. We have a video line built into our wheel house. I can't tell if the video line is bad or if it's a setting I can't figure out.

just beware the cheap cameras don't normally have a video out jack on them. the new Aqua View Micro doesn't offer a video out. when shopping for a camera make sure to check for the video out jack if you plan to plug into a TV or a Camcorder for recording underwater footage. if you don't plan to plug into a tv or camcorder then it wouldn't matter. also remember the old saying you get what you pay for.

Does anyone know if the marcum 625 or the cabelas Panning camera have outputs

All marcums have the video out jack. I have heard the cabelas cameras don't but I have never looked at one (this is what I was refering when I said cheap cameras along with the Fish TV brand ones(they don't have the jack either))

I have the output on my cabelas camera, which is adding to my mystery. It SHOULD just plug from the camera, thru the wall, out above the tv, into the tv & viewed by changing the tv to video 1. I'm no rocket scientist, but I can find my way around tech equipment. Head scratcher.

Video 1 on most TV's have three RCA jacks (red/white and yellow)right? Sure you're plugged in to the "video" (yellow) one? Obviously the camera has no audio so you wouldn't use the red or white input jacks.

And, you're not plugging it into the antenna input, right?