• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Feeding The Cat

DARK30

And they don't just kill to eat. Domestic cats, pets, or ferel, will kill for fun. I read an article a few years back and they had stats for the amount of birds a pet cat that is outdoors will kill in a year. The numbers were so high I was in shock. It should be illegal to keep pet cats outdoors and all ferels should be removed when ever the chance is presented. People have huge issues with dogs in the woods but let me assure you a feline is doing more damage to the wildlife than a pack of dogs would. Post the video when you smoke that thing.

I'd rather have squirrels than a neighborhood cat killing stuff. I had a pair of Tree Swallows nest in a box I put up last spring, they were fine until one day I came home and saw an m f n cat destroyed it and scared them off. What are the MN laws regarding killing nuisance cats/squirrels by the way?

Any cat outside their owner's property is a stray, collar or not, and is fair game. whistle

I agree!!!

We have 4 cats and they NEVER get to go outside. Any person who owns a cat should never let it roam outdoors because they like to hunt and kill birds for the fun of it. Who knows what is a feral cat or somebody's pet cause they all look the same.

OMG Im sure when DARK30 started this it was to share something he thought was cool {and it surely was} not so a bunch of bleeding heart librails could tear it apart !!!!! with that being said I to am a cat owner and he doesnt go outside and yes if I see a cat in my yard colar or not its the three S rule also

lol noodl, I don't think many of these folks are bleeding heart political-people. Great video by the way. Now it's time to catch the cat. I got a trap from the PD a few years back cuz I was seeing what I thought was a couple strays. caught 13 wild ones that the PD came and got. caught the neighbors a couple times and let it go. nice and tame. those wild ones were crazy mad. A guy down the block got 9. So you can shoot em and I don't care but get a live trap if you don't want to take that route. If you do get a pet hopefully it won't be crazy wild and it'll have a colar and nametag.

http://mrbohappenings.blogspot.com/2011/11/comment-on-dangers-of-free-ranging-cats.html?spref=fb

I have a wild bird store, I sell bird seed, feeders, bird baths, bird houses and so on. My yard is a cat free zone. Used to shoot them till we got a new neighbor who was a cat lover. She did call the sheriff and turned me in for shooting cats. It was a good thing she did. It was the sheriff who told me the right way to do it. Get a Duke #220 conibear trap, one that will just fit inside a 5gal bucket. Cut two slots one on each sides of the bucket add some fish guts, set trap, place in the slots of the bucket. It is a quick humane kill. In the last 20 years that I have been at this I am well over 200 cats, the most was 43 in one year