• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Fishing

There are lots of great opportunities in that area, so many that I don't even know where to begin.

Lake Poinsett to the north would have to be my favorite body closely followed by Lake Thompson/Henry to the West.

Lake Preston is pretty shallow and I believe froze out not too long ago and isn't great for fishing. Lake Whitewood just to the south is another shallow lake that up until recently had some great pearch but I havent fished there for a couple years.

But then you have Brush Lake, 81 Ponds, Sanai, Oakwood lakes etc and even some smaller potholes in the area. Like I said those are just a few, there are plenty of opportunities in that area to get on some quality fish. Several of them are also state parks and provide a great place to spend a weekend during open water as well.

Sinai has been on absolute fire this summer and fall for me, so I will be checking that out early ice.

West 81 has had some pretty fair fishing this summer and fall as well.

I have heard good things about Brush and East 81 but have not fished them.

Thompson and Poinsett are probably the better known lakes within an hours drive. Both great perch and walleye lakes. I saw a picture of a Walleye that came out of Poinsett last week that touched 13 pounds and have heard good reports from shore fisherman but have not been out there myself.