• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wilson Ramos kidnapped in Venezuela

mrklean

Just read an article Ramos was kidnapped, no demand for him have been made. Maybe that was bill smiths first move try and get something back for that horrible capps trade...sorry that was a bad joke. Hopefully he is returned soon, most of the crazies down there kidnap for cash so hopefully everthing will turn out ok

My prayers are with him. This is just terrible. I've read things in the past about players from down there having full time security protecting their houses. Didn't something like this happen to a relative of Johan Santana? Maybe I'm wrong but I know he was at least concerned about it.

"Police last year said that 618 kidnappings were reported in 2009, and the numbers have grown rapidly in recent years. Security experts say the real number of kidnappings is much higher because many cases aren't reported to authorities."

That is a stagering number of kidnappings. I would not go out of the house with out people protecting me and having a gun on me as well.