• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bill Smith Fired

pegleg

Better late than never, I guess. In 3-4 years, after we clean up his mess, we may have a future again.

Ryan's got his work cut out for him. What a mess!!!

Surprised it took this long!

Not sure Ryan is the solution. It's not like he was totally absent from the Twins organization the past 4 years. I'd be shocked if he didn't consult on some of Billy's bigger decisions.

Nothing is ever guaranteed. Going outside might have been the better plan here. At any rate, at least Smith is out.

Ryan is a baseball guy. Smith didn't get quality players in trades or struck out on FA signings. I think he couldn't identify/evaluate talent the way Ryan can. It's interesting that Twins want to find another position for him in the organization since he's been with them for 26 years. Ryan always seem to get some very good minor league players in trades. Yes, his plate is full and he has to find a way to restock the minors. Have they hired a new AAA mangager? I think Ryan will hold more players accountable and have less patience if they can't play consistently. Twins have too many marginal players that show flashes of being a good player and I hope Ryan does something about it.

Very intersting move for the Twins that's for sure. Surprising actually (at least teh timing of it). Doesn't bother me they send Smith packing, obviously things were not going in the right direction. I like Ryan in the interim GM role. Certainly a proven history. Hopefully he can change the attitude and persona top to bottom.

Ryan is going to have more than his hands full trying to get this team back to the point they can compete.

It will be a few years yet. No pitching and Mauer and Justin are sure questionable at best. Really nothing else for position players with expierence and good.

We need a second baseman also as he was a flop. maybe he can turn it on this spring. I told my wife all of last summer, just wait as he will be ok or better than that. I do have my doubts now as I cannot make any more excusus for him.

I love the Twins but it will be more than likely a dismal season unless something real big happens at numerous positions.