• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walking Dead

JBMasterAngler

Allright... Coming into the game late, but after talking to a coworker about the series, and AMC just happening to run a marathon this last weekend, I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm up to the last 3 ep of S2 and have them and the S3 premiere DVR'd and ready to go. Thoughts so far...

1) Rick's big picture mentality will get them all killed one-by-one.

2) Shane, while being close to a loose screw at times, has the right mentality to take care of the pack.

3) Daryl is a total B.A., about as perfect as a survivalist comes,and my favorite character, but would make a horrible leader.

4) If Walkers are attracted to noise, why is there not a single silenced weapon? Also, Daryl drives the LOUDEST cycle on the face of the earth, but he does use a crossbow and the same 3 bolts over and over. Bad idea followed by a good idea.

5) They need to chain Carl to a tree. That kid shows up at the worst possible times!

6) Lori annoys the snot out of me. I'm glad Rick and Shane love her, 'cause I don't.

7) If Walkers ignore Walker guts, I'd have made a wardrobe made up of 3-piece Walker suits, complete with a skull/scalp hat to wear at all times.

8) Why would anyone ever leave the group alone? At night? Unarmed? WTH???

9) This episode brought to you by Gerber and Hyundai.

10) Seriously: Chain Carl to a tree.

Just wait till you get through season 2 and see the new season. smile

Rick is really becoming a BA, and seems to be sacrificing all friendships for survival... at first it bugged me, but I am warming up to it. It seems that it would be a really accurate portrayal of what human nature would do to a person in that situation, and I know I would trust him as my leader for sure! I thought the season 3 premiere was the best episode yet, but S3 episode 2 was unreal! This show is REALLY getting good!

One thing I worry about is the main characters are slowly disappearing, which is good that they are willing to kill off anyone at anytime... but it seems like we are just getting to "know" the few remaining main characters, and that is when a show gets good.

How about Carl going on a hunt for the med supplies, that kid is growing up a little too fast for even sci-fi standards!

Last nights episode was really good. The first episode they were kinda losing me. But it was way better last night. I wonder who was in the woods watching Carole, of course that was the idea. Rick should have killed that Andrew that he left in the yard with the walkers. And of course, the machete chop...awesome. Herschel lives, I was wondering about that. Did anyone notice that when Herschel had that episode and grabbed onto Laurie that Carl had his gun out ready to shoot Herschel?

Even though carl is a kid, he really isn't a kid anymore. He's responsible to do alot of adult things, and lori (being a typical mom) is having problems coping with that. So I thought that scene was well played, especially the part when he said he killed 2 walkers...like it wasn't a big deal at all.

Rick let the 1 guy last longer than I would have...but after getting rid of him, I would've allowed for the others to leave the prison on their own behalf, or let them clear out their own cell block. In a zombie apocalypse, prisoners really aren't any less trust worthy than any other person out there though eek I did feel bad about "big tiny" though.

Loving this season. They fixed all the problems with the last season. The group is now working as a team, they have no hesitation killing walkers, they got silencers, etc. loved Rick taking out the dude with the machete but running after the other guy in the dark hallway was a big mistake.

Anyone else think Merle is who is out in the woods?

Anyone else think Merle is who is out in the woods?

Now I do! Good observation, Chumba. That was a really good way to add some suspense, which is one thing this show lacks a little bit. They sure have the action/zombie killing down to a science though!

Watching the second episode I thought for sure Carol was gonna die practing the c-section, I thought Lori was going to get bit by a zombie Herschel, Rick running in the dark after the prisoner was stupid, and how about the burn he put on Lori at the end of the episode when she was looking to talk about feelings and their relationship and he he puts his hand on her shoulder and thanks her for what she does and walks away. He's in 100% survival at all costs mode.

P.S. I still hate Carl even when he does something good.

His aquarium is a bit different than the one at Cabela's. grin

I was also wondering about the tea, and everyone in that town seemed kinda brainwashed and acting like a bunch of "followers" of this Governor character, a.k.a. James Jones and the kool-aid.

Yeah, I understand they have to introduce this story into the show, but the episode as a whole was a dud! I believed from all the previews this "governor" guy was a villian, then as the show went on lastnight I started thinking, "wow, he's a good guy!" And then he kills all the national guardsmen eek This mishon chick...they can kill her off anytime now. I said it last season, and it's still apparent, she's the weak link of the show! I fear that the heads in the aquariums is going to lead to something very stupid...ala the CDC ordeal at the end of the 1st season. I realize this show came from a comic book, but every comic book type gimmick they've put in the show has sucked! The CDC escape/explosion, mishon's character, the heads in the tank...and maybe this community as a whole. But yeah, worst episode by far.

I think that they left Ricks group out of this episode so they dont have to pay them as 'main' and can pay them as 'recurring'. In a couple Talking deads they have discussed how the producers are trying to keep costs down. I beleive the next time anyone starts looking for Carl they will also realize the blond girl is missing too. Talking dead discussed how the tea was an inside joke among the writers and producers. It might be drugged I dont know. I was afraid they were gonna eat the national guard soldiers. I still hope they arent cannibals.

I looked at the aquariums as a trophy case. Including the chopper pilot now as the latest trophy.

Add that the Governor will not share his name, mix in the prison nearby, the henchmen, and I think the governor may be a serial killer escaped from the prison with his prison buddies.

It would fit his maniupulative and controlling personality.

Also, Meryl fits in with the henchman. It wouldn't surpise me that Meryl and the Governor had a past history making license plates.

Interesting take on the tea. I read nothing into it during the show.

I don't read serial killer when I see the Gov, just a different way of getting a group of people to survive. He may have seen the military as a threat and supplies and armaments needed, and he will also see Rick as another alpha male that would need to be dealt with. He would keep women around, and non-dominant men as henchmen, and see his decisions going towards his personal idea of the greater good: survive at all costs. The trophy room is weird, but so is everything else going on around there. How many of us have seen a trophy rooms stuffed with dead animals a person has killed with fond memories of the hunt? I'm not on his side, but I guess I haven't written him off (yet).

What's the over/under on Andrea's head ending up in the aquarium?

Zero. The show needs some eye candy. laugh

I hope she comes to her senses. The last episode made her look like a tool. Especially considering that she was ready to go military style and follow Shane last season. Now she's swooning over a civility?

I would trust the prisoners before I'd trust anyone representing the government (in this case the military) during a zombie apocalypse! If you remember in the 1st season, soldiers were gunning down civilians left and right in the hospital when Shane was saving Rick.

I dont see andreas head in an aquarium. If you noticed before he went into that room, the brunette that explained things to Andrea originally was laying in his bed. He'll keep Andrea around for breeding stock to expand his "civilization".

+1 Governor herd bull.