• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

In-Fisherman Ice Fishing Guide magazine is out!

FlagsDown

in the past i subscribed to many outdoor magazines. personaly the articles seem the same every year. photography is very good. however just too many adds and the same information over and over for me. i can find out the same or more here at HSO than in these types of magazines. plus local information that you dont get from these nation wide papers. good luck.

Ok just opened up the plastic and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. The included ads for reeds and Frabill are larger than the magazine. I have iceguides going back at least 5 years and they seem to be about half as thick as they used to be. OK done with my rant. Still excited to get started on the read.

yeah, the ads can be somewhat redundant! but there are some new ads/wants! it was nice to see Frabill with a nicely laid out booklet! yes i fly the Frabill Freak Flag!! LOL!!Reeds also had an ad that i personally look forward to every year!! i guess for me, it's nice to see Frabill get the attention they so deserve!! they are more than minnow buckets and nets!!you know... after posting so much in favor for Frabill,.. and use it daily on a guiding level,..its nice to see all companies competing for THE hardwater status!! each one offers something a little different! no matter!! i CAN'T wait till the ice gets here!!LOL!!

yeah, the ads can be somewhat redundant! but there are some new ads/wants! it was nice to see Frabill with a nicely laid out booklet! yes i fly the Frabill Freak Flag!! LOL!!Reeds also had an ad that i personally look forward to every year!! i guess for me, it's nice to see Frabill get the attention they so deserve!! they are more than minnow buckets and nets!!you know... after posting so much in favor for Frabill,.. and use it daily on a guiding level,..its nice to see all companies competing for THE hardwater status!! each one offers something a little different! no matter!! i CAN'T wait till the ice gets here!!LOL!!

SOME-body is excited for ice fishing... and Frabill!

!! grin

I've got every ice guide going back to the late 90's, each year the "substance" seems to be less, and the ads/promotion seems to be more. That and the issue gets smaller each year it seems. And many of the articles are just rehashed articles of old, maybe told in a little different way. For example the lake trout articles are pretty much the same info every year.

Yeah I quite buying them a few years ago due to the magazine being mostly adds. If I wanted to look at adds, I would have got a cabela's/Gander Mtn magazine.

All magazines are getting bad. Only one that the articles are more than the adds is the Outdoor news.

Well this brings us to an interesting point: in this day and age, other than advancements in technology, what NEW can be said about ice fishing that we haven't already been told? I mean, the basics are out there. And we've come a LONG way from even 5-10 years ago. Now I'm not saying we've reached a crescendo in the sport, but I honestly don't know what else their is to learn about it.

In fact, the same can be said for soft water fishing. While a an individual person may not know everything there is to know about catching bass or walleyes, the info is out there and has been for years and years. Sure, there's a new lure that comes out or a new type of line. The equipment might change and advance. But the actual FISHING itself is still the same as it has been since the dawn of time: get in an area that has fish, present them with something they are inclined to eat, reel in and repeat.