• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goodbye Ozzie

Scott M

I always liked him, now we won't get the same off the cuff quotes from the new Sox skipper.

The Sox are bogged down with some bad contracts, the Twins can't get decent starting pitching and their big contract former MVPs will probably be hurt for the next 3 years...Going to be a good run for Detroit and Cleveland and K.C. is young and upcoming.

Curious to see Ozzie kick the young M's in the butt and what he will do with Hanley and Stanton's free swinging styles.

Thats all fine and dandy. "his media meltdowns" But let's not kid ourselves he was not a very good manager all things considered.

I say good riddence and it was a no-brainer for the Sox to let him go.

Really?

Here is a list of all managers that have brought a World Series Ring to Chi-town in the past 90 years. Includes Cubs and Sox

Ozzie

-

-

-

Oh yea he is the only one.

i never understood why a lot of fans think the manager is there to 'fire up' the players. almost all of the players make more money than the manager. the manager is there to manage the game and manage ego's. anything else becomes a distraction - like ozzie is and always will be. ozzie won a world series because his starting pitchers pitched lights out during that postseason.

the marlins want ozzie to sell tickets for their new stadium - which he will do. that's about it.

this ain't hike skool. managers get way too much credit for winning and way too much blame for losing.

i never understood why a lot of fans think the manager is there to 'fire up' the players. almost all of the players make more money than the manager. the manager is there to manage the game and manage ego's. anything else becomes a distraction - like ozzie is and always will be. that's about it.

this ain't hike skool. managers get way too much credit for winning and way too much blame for losing.

Ozzie always makes things interesting.

There will always be guys you just can't reach. These are the guys you don't want in the first place. Some guys need the Ra-Ra and some don't. Ultimately the yelling loses its effectiveness.

I do think the Twins could use a bigger kick in the [PoorWordUsage] more often or from someone they'll listen to. Tough and self-motivated haven't been words you would use to describe a lot of them beyond Cuddy lately.

I do think the Twins could use a bigger kick in the [PoorWordUsage] more often or from someone they'll listen to. Tough and self-motivated haven't been words you would use to describe a lot of them beyond Cuddy lately.

i don't disagree, but i think gardy (and most managers) do their discipline in the clubhouse out of camera views. just cause we don't see it during the game, doesn't mean it's not happening. why alienate your player on national tv by giving him heck during the game?

the twins do have a soft persona, but i don't think it's from lack of fire from gardy. gardy leads the world in ejections it seems like. ejections are one of the few ways a manager can try to get his team fired up.

the soft players are more of a result of the type of players they're drafting, imo.

So Ozzie won that world series eh? Good grief!

Ozzie should have been fired years ago for the complete ineptitude he coached the talent laden Sox.

Yeah Ozzie and his childish tantrum rants really lit a fire under the SOX.

At 1st I was thinking how could he possible get hired again but it does make sense with Miami opening a New stadium and the Latin/Hispanic make up of the area and team.

And from a marketing standpoint it makes sense to have a clown make a fool of himself on regular basis to bring attention to the New digs and home city.

I think Ozzie said it best "it's all about the money at this point"