• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

100!!! Losses?

B. Amish

it's crazy how bad of a downward spiral this year has been. I had hopes of them contending for a division title this year as i'm sure a lot of fans did.

injuries can sure wreck a team. just look at what's happenend to boston over the last month. a month ago, many had them as the AL favorite for the world series, then they get some injuries to their starting rotation, and all heck breaks lose. they can't remember how to win, and now they're in full out panic mode.

the biggest disappointment for me has been the twins defense. they are bad, real bad. i hate watching sloppy defense.

lots of big questions with this team for the offseason. should be interesting to see it unfold. time for bill smith to sharpen his pencil.

Personnel wise they are in a bad spot. Close to 40 big ones tied up in 2 players that have demonstrated success and had a very down year due to performance and injury. All you can do is hope they return to form. Can't afford to even resign some of their core players now. Farm system was tapped back in May/June so we can't expect much there either. My hope is that we get another Revere type surprise (or two) next season because of all of the time guys had in the majors this year.

Starting pitching lineup is not looking that great either, outside of Baker who was injured a few times this year. Blackie looked good at times this year. Liriano just has some mental issues, even though he has the arm and the pitches.

At least Perkins and Nathan pitched pretty well out of the pen, but we have some dead weight there too.

As bad as the season was, I saw 3 wins at Target Field this year in 3 trips: Texas, Detroit, and yesterday. Opposite of most years where we do well and I watch them lose.

I don't see any changes coming for next year but even Gardy's job is on the line if things go bad ~

Things haven't gone bad already??? This might be first time since the Marlins manager that one season (can't remember his name) won manager of the year then was fired about a yr later.

I don't see any changes coming for next year but even Gardy's job is on the line if things go bad ~

It should be...from all sources I've heard from he's the one letting Mauer run this ship. With all do respect to Gardy and the good things he's done over the last 10 years...this team needs someone to GET IN THEIR FACE!!!

The organization, as a whole, is being run terribly right now. Very little credible information coming from the front office and Tory Hunter's comments about a month ago say alot to how this FO treats its players.

Name one good thing that came from this year...player...aquisition...etc...it's going to be a long time before they dig themselves out of this one.

"back to back 90 lose seasons will do that to a AAA coach" Would that be fair when all your best players are in the major leagues due to the big club injuries? He goes out every day with a AA ball club playing against a AAA team. Might be more likely that he was fired because the players sent to the majors weren't prepared to play fundamental baseball. You know, like catch the ball, throw the ball. Or, thinking about what you'd do if the ball was hit to you.

As far as Gardenhire, the Twins don't take replacing managers lightly. How can you blame him for injuries? Considering what he had to work with, he had a tough job, but seemed to come to the ballpark prepared to try to put a ready to play team on the field. They players just weren't there for him to be sucessfull. Think about this, how many bad years did Tom Kelly endure? Didn't he retire and not get fired?

The comparison with the Florida Marlins manager is off base. Garardi was fired for a personality conflict with his owner, not for performance on the field.

The comparison with the Florida Marlins manager is off base. Garardi was fired for a personality conflict with his owner, not for performance on the field.

I didn't make any comparison, just stated that he went from manager of the year to unemployed in a year. That is undisputed, it is a fact.

Maybe we can trade managers? Ozzie has always had a "man crush" on the Twinks and I would not mind Gardy! LOL Only stipulation, you have to take Adam Dunn too! Feel free to throw in a bag of shag balls to cover the Dunn portion of the trade.

Windy

Maybe we can trade managers? Ozzie has always had a "man crush" on the Twinks and I would not mind Gardy! LOL Only stipulation, you have to take Adam Dunn too! Feel free to throw in a bag of shag balls to cover the Dunn portion of the trade.

Windy

And everyone thought he was the final piece of the puzzle. I think everyones shocked at how the Sox and Twins ended up this year. I am just hoping for a Rays sweep of the Yanks, and the Red Sox get swept and Rays get to the WS.