• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

santee indian reservation deer hunting

I and another guy are going down to Nebraska for the December muzz season. The area we are headed for is the Santee Indian Reservation Area. Does anyone have any experience with this area and do you know if there is anything special you need to hunt on the reservation?

Thanks

Good for you, it's been a long time since I have hunted the Santee (10 years) but traditionally they sold a ton of tags and have very open terrain. Be prepaired to see a ton of hunters and trucks. Unless your money has already been sent to Santee consider a 2 hour drive south and hunt the Winnebego or Omaha Reservations. Tons of ground (Oak ridges) and tons of deer. The tags are a bit pricey but they sell far fewer than the Santee and you will see far less orange and a ton more brown if you know what I mean.