• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Come on Who's Hit?

Boar

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Molasses... don't just dump it on your bait either, on top of the logs, toss it around the station, etc... I usually smear some oats and molasses on a tree and spray some liquid smoke into the canopy. I also dump a bottle of anise or liquid smoke on my hang bag for added scent dispersed by the wind.

Had between 100 and 250 pics from SD card pulls and finally got a nice one on camera from late last night....

full-1826-11432-2(54).jpg

Dangit i sytarted this post an i aint hit yet. Might have to give the ther liquid smoke a try. I never try to figure them out but when test baits showed 7 bear on 2 test sites an wen opened up the the actually hunting sites, nothing, totally pulled a Houdini. Blowes me away. frustrating to say the least. then all the eye candy on the forum, man it hurts. Good for you guys tho, hope it keeps up for ya. Boar

Dangit i sytarted this post an i aint hit yet. Might have to give the ther liquid smoke a try. I never try to figure them out but when test baits showed 7 bear on 2 test sites an wen opened up the the actually hunting sites, nothing, totally pulled a Houdini. Blowes me away. frustrating to say the least. then all the eye candy on the forum, man it hurts. Good for you guys tho, hope it keeps up for ya. Boar

Hate to say this but the acorns started dropping in my yard 4 days ago. frown

well the last site of ours was finally hit this week, went to go bait today and we ran into the bear while it was still eating out of the pile at 630 tonight, hopefully we didnt turn him into a night time bear, so today we are three out of four but all four has been hit this year.

Quick question for you guys, how far are you putting your cams from your bait site, I cant seem to get any pictures of bear hitting my site and the three or four pictures I have gotten this year are really bad partial pictures of the bear.

yea that about were I have mine set up. I even went as far as clearing out the under growth around and in front of the cam all the way to the bait but still nothing. Guess its time for me to go buy another cam.

Hopefully this thursday I get some good pictures I moved the cam right next to the bait pile today.

Check last night and I am 1 for 3 now. Not to big of a bear though. Kind of hard to see in the pictures, it is on the back side of the logs. The cam only got pics the 1st night. The 2nd night it did not take any of the bear. No pics of coons yet either.full-18080-11464-picture1190.jpg

full-18080-11465-picture1191.jpg

Jay How do you get such nice pics with your wildviews?

All 3 of mine S U C K... We even have one of the higher end models.Love how they get pics of crows,buzzards and whiskey jacks but skip taking a picture of a bear rolling a barrel.....

It finally took pics of 3 bears at the wifes bait.Nice big back end near the top of the barrel that and the 2 butter bears.. Good enough to make the wife happy.. She cant hunt till saturday so I get to pour the feed to em...

wildview sucks, I have had nothing but issues with them and I have three.

re-baited today and finally got a few good pics of the bear, had to have the camera right next to the bait pile to get any pictures of a bear, I guess 15 feet is too far for the wildview ez-cam.

full-33497-11569-sunp0002.jpg

full-33497-11571-sunp0021.jpg

this guy looks to be a good size.

full-33497-11573-sunp0025.jpg

I cant tell if its the same bear or not I have five sets of pictures taken in a three day period some are hours apart. I know there is a smaller bear coming in also.

Looks like they are all crawling in the green sticky stuff because every picture has the green stuff on them even the smaller bear

Check this brute out.. Out of the bears we have coming in this guy is the most relaxed. In daylight of course if you look in the left corner you will see Mama.

2 days now she has stood off in the brush BOOF'n. I rev the motor and sing my song on the way in and shes been good about keeping Jr back.

The camera is a few hours fast.She dont wait long to come back in once I drive away..

We like feeding mama cause,mama's not the one marking the trees in the area.

Figured with all the big bear pics Id post why I love bear hunting, the cubs are the coolest things to watch.

As soon as the wife punches dinner we continue feeding and photographing till they den up.

SUNP0019.jpg

Jay you have some nice looking bear photos there and looks like your having a great baiting year. Glad to see things are on the up side for you. Things are avg for me this year nothing to hot a lot of on and off baits and five consistant baits. I hope your season ends up great and keep me informed.